European Commission (EU) has announced a call for proposals on Cooperation on Property Crimes (ISFP-2020-AG-OPC) to fund projects in the area of cooperation on property crimes.
Project applications submitted under the present call for proposals should foresee activities aiming at boosting the operational activities of law enforcement authorities with regard to the mobile nature of organised criminal groups in relation to organised property crime and other criminal markets, including synergies between them.
Project applications submitted under the present call for proposals must address at least one of the following priorities:
- Organised property crime;
- Illicit trafficking of cultural goods;
- Other criminal markets, including synergies between them, addressing the mobile nature of the phenomenon.
- The total budget earmarked for the co-financing of projects under this call for proposals is estimated at EUR 2 500 000 (two million five hundred thousand euros).
Projects must be aiming to achieve one or more of the following outcomes:
- Analyse the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on organised property crimes;
- Boost intelligence-led investigations, including cross-border investigations;
- Develop detection and investigation methodologies tailored to the needs of different enforcement authorities (e.g. police, customs);
- Enhance communication, coordination and cooperation between enforcement authorities and with relevant EU and internatio
- nal organisations and agencies such as Europol, Eurojust, Interpol, World Customs Organisation;
- Develop training courses, including common events for police, customs and/or national competent authorities in the field of organised property crime;
- Develop expertise and a strategic analysis of the phenomenon;
- Gather statistics and intelligence for the purpose of threat and risk analysis tailored to the needs of different enforcement authorities (e.g. police, customs);
- Explore and share good practices in investigating and prosecuting organised property crime cases;
- Detect and analyse links with related areas of crime, such as corruption and illicit financial lows.
- The following entities can apply as lead applicants and co-applicants:
- Public bodies;
- Non-profit-making private entities;
- The following entities can only apply as co-applicants:
- Profit making entities;
- International organisations;
- Entities established in a third country.
- The following are not eligible, neither as applicants nor as co-applicants:
- Union Agencies;
- Natural persons.
- In order to be eligible, applications:
- Must be transnational, i.e. involve at least two eligible entities established in two different Member States participating in the ISF Police instrument.
- Must have an implementation period of maximum 24 months. Applications for projects scheduled to run for a longer period will be rejected. Activities must not have started prior to the date of submission of the grant application.
- Country of establishment: With the exception of international organisations, applicants and co-applicants must be established in the following countries to be eligible:
- The Member States of the European Union with the exception of Denmark (“Member States participating in the ISF Police instrument”);
- The following third countries:
- South East Europe: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Moldova, Montenegro, Republic of North Macedonia, Serbia, Turkey, Ukraine
- Middle East and North Africa: Algeria, Bahrain, Djibouti, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Malta, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Palestine, Yemen
For more information, visit https://ec.europa.eu/info/funding-tenders/opportunities/portal/screen/opportunities/topic-details/isfp-2020-ag-opc;callCode=ISFP-2020-AG-OPC;freeTextSearchKeyword=;matchWholeText=true;typeCodes=1;statusCodes=31094501,31094502,31094503;programmePeriod=null;programCcm2Id=null;programDivisionCode=null;focusAreaCode=null;geographicalZonesCode=null;programmeDivisionProspect=null;startDateLte=null;startDateGte=null;crossCuttingPriorityCode=null;cpvCode=null;performanceOfDelivery=null;sortQuery=sortStatus;orderBy=asc;onlyTenders=false;topicListKey=callTopicSearchTableState