Deadline: 22 July 2016
The European Union is currently accepting proposals from eligible organisations for “Support to the reform of the education sector in the Kyrgyz Republic” with an aim to support the development of partnerships between local authorities, social partner organisations, civil society organisations (CSOs) and educational establishments as well as to assist in the design and delivery of quality education and training services.
- Strengthening the financial and technical management capacities of local authorities to deliver high-quality education services
- Improvement of education budget transparency and increase of financial literacy at the regional level to ensure appropriate advocacy skills of CSOs to build public pressure for education reform
- The development of curricula targeted at facilitating the social inclusion of marginalised groups (women, ethnic minorities, physically and mentally handicapped, youth and returning migrant workers)
Size of Grants
Any grant requested under this call for proposals must fall between EUR 1 000 000 and EUR 2 000 000.
- In order to be eligible for a grant, the lead applicant must:
- be a legal person
- be non-profit-making
- be specific types of organisations such as non-governmental organisations (international organisations are ineligible)
- be established in a Member State of the European Union or in an accession or official candidate country as recognised by the European Community or in a Member State of the European Economic Area or any other countries eligible within geographic programmes under Regulation (EC) No 1905/2006 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 18 December 2006 establishing a financing instrument for development cooperation and
- be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary
- have been registered for at least two years at the submission deadline for concept notes.
- Potential applicants may not participate in calls for proposals or be awarded grants if they are in any of the situations
How to Apply
- The application procedure consists of two phases:
- Concept notes
- Full applications
- In the first instance, only concept notes must be submitted for evaluation. Thereafter, lead applicants who have been pre-selected will be invited to submit a full application
Eligible Countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France,Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, the UK, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.
For more information, please visit Europeaid and download the guidelines.