Deadline: 8 March 2017
European Commission is seeking proposals from eligible organisations for its “Action grants to promote the access to justice and support of victims of gender-based violence and the treatment of perpetrators”.
The aim of the call is to contribute to the protection of and the support of victims of gender-based violence and the enforcement of legislation supporting such victims, as well as to the treatment of perpetrators of such violence. To ensure access to justice, protection and support, it aims to empower victims to report gender-based violence.
- The application must be transnational and involve organisations from at least two participating countries;
- The EU grant applied for cannot be lower than EUR 75 000;
- The project must not have started prior to the date of submission of the grant application;
- The duration of the project must not exceed 24 months.
- Capacity building and training for professionals, in particular staff providing specialized support to victims of gender-based violence (e.g. through shelters and other forms of safe, accessible alternative accommodation, legal advice, medical and psychological counseling, helplines/hotlines, victim support organisations or other essential services for victims and their families) or providing treatment for perpetrators;
- Capacity-building and training in relation to gender-specific and, if relevant, child-specific, issues, in particular for professionals (police, lawyers, teachers, medical practitioners, support and helpline staff, employers) who are first points of contact for victims of gender-based violence so that they can better meet the specific needs of vulnerable victims, including signaling the violence, and referring them to more specialist support services;
- Specific support programmes targeting in particular some of the most vulnerable victims of gender-based violence who are refugees and migrants, people with disabilities, Roma, persons belonging to national, ethnic or religious minorities, LGBTI, elderly women, homeless women;
- As regards support for victims of gender-based violence and perpetrator treatment: mutual learning, identification and exchange of good practices, development of working methods, including referral methods, which are transferable to other participating countries, as well as their practical implementation;
- Awareness-raising activities, training and sharing of best practice among practitioners and/or support services about the rights of victims of gender-based violence and about the protection (including domestic protection orders and possible EU wide-extension on the basis of the Directive 2011/99/EU and Regulation 606/13) and support available, as well as about innovative protection methods (for example through the use of new technologies).
- The applicants and partners must be public entities or private organisations or international organisations.
- Organisations which are profit-oriented must submit applications in partnership with public entities or private non-profit-oriented organisations.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
Eligible Countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, the UK and Iceland
For more information, please visit Action Grants.