The European Commission (EC) has announced a call for proposals for Art and Digital: Unleashing Creativity for European Water Management to unite the digital with the arts in order to promote a European policy vision on the future of water and to help raise societal awareness on water use.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Artistic residencies in companies will help inducing a change of mind-set and novel ideas regarding the preservation of water resources. Consortia will propose concrete ideas at the nexus of art, digital, and water that will lead to a sustainable set of actions and a burgeoning community. Links to existing initiatives like STARTS and Digital Innovation Hubs are encouraged.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- Establish collaborations at the nexus of art, digital, and water that result in real world experiments and artistic works/installations/performances. This objective will be implemented by open calls to artists for residencies in companies or institutions related to water/digital.
- Develop a community (beyond the project consortium) at the nexus of art, digital, and water that can contribute to a new thinking in policy, business and society on sustainable water use. This objective will be implemented by among others conferences, workshops, online activities, educational workshops, and exhibitions.
- The total budget earmarked for the co-financing of the project under this call for proposals is estimated at 1.000.000 EUR (one million Euros).
Eligible activities must clearly involve artistic expression and use of digital technologies with a goal to promote a European vision on water. They can comprise among others:
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Art works/installations at the crossing of the digital and the arts that promote sustainable water use and inspire policy makers, business and citizens to engage towards a European vision on water.
- Short-term residencies of artists in companies/institutions from the digital and/or water sector to work jointly on possible projects that combine digital and art for sustainable water use.
- Experiments in water management inspired by artistic expression and enabled by digital technologies.
- Activities (workshops, talks, exhibitions…) that further collaborations of actors at the nexus of art-digital-water.
- A website (in collaboration with starts.eu) open to artists and interested citizens on future water visions that can serve as a gathering point for people and ideas to achieve sustainable use of water.
- Educational program for young adults bringing together artists and digital experts to promote knowledge on sustainable water use.
- The call is open to:
- A grouping of entities (consortia)
- Proposals may be submitted by any of the following applicants or combinations of:
- non-profit organisation (private or public);
- public authorities (national, regional, local);
- educational institutions;
- research/technology and art centres
- profit making entities.
- International organisations
For more information, visit https://ec.europa.eu/digital-single-market/en/news/art-and-digital-unleashing-creativity-european-water-management