The European Commission (EC) is inviting proposals for Reinforcing digitalisation related know how of local energy ecosystems.
The digitization of the future will not be created only by leading digital technologies, but also by knowledge on and from the application areas of these technologies as well as a range of methods and strategic tools.
The creation/reinforcement of local digitalisation-of-energy ecosystems as a way to support a competence cluster for digital energy concepts affecting to operators, consumers/prosumers, and authorities, which enable them being autonomous to react to local energy transition needs.
The project should create an upskilling and reskilling training program, centred on the digitalisation of energy and covering needs of local ecosystems centred on, among others, DSOs, city operators, connected active consumers (energy communities or potential new entrants) and local/regional authorities.
The check will normally be done for the coordinator if the requested grant amount is equal to or greater than EUR 500 000, except for:
- public bodies (entities established as a public body under national law, including local, regional or national authorities) or international organisations; and
- cases where the individual requested grant amount is not more than EUR 60 000 (low-value grant).
Project results are expected to contribute to all of the following expected outcomes:
- Increased autonomy of local ecosystems to participate in the decentralisation of energy systems and energy transition.
- Increase the number of participants in flexibility markets.
- Cover the gap on knowledge around digitalisation of energy services and contribute to the reskilling & upskilling of individuals and organizations.
- Facilitate the creation of a network of parties interested in joining forces for public procurement of energy related digital services.
To be eligible for funding, applicants must be established in one of the eligible countries, i.e.:
- the Member States of the European Union, including their outermost regions;
- the Overseas Countries and Territories (OCTs) linked to the Member States;
- eligible non-EU countries:
- countries associated to Horizon Europe;
- low- and middle-income countries.
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/3hx7utb