The European Commission (EC) has launched the Technical Assistance to advance market boundaries for sustainable energy investments to support innovators across Europe to develop innovative solutions that are mobilising private capital, blending public with private financing, setting up long-term and scalable financial instruments and at the same time overcoming legal and structural barriers whilst delivering a highly ambitious sustainable energy project pipeline.
- Proposals should demonstrate a clear showcase dimension in delivering innovative solutions accelerating sustainable energy investments across Europe:
- in the development of scalable schemes with a particular focus on leveraging enhanced levels of private investment such as EPC, blended funds, financial instruments or innovative on-bill and on-tax payment schemes; and/or
- in the organisational innovation for the mobilisation of the investment programmes such as setting up project development units, large-scale bundling and pooling of (mixed) assets, for example, at district, city or wider geographical level; and
- in the ambition levels for energy savings and decarbonisation, such as deep renovation, NZEB standards, positive energy buildings or districts and/or highly energy efficient infrastructure.
- Proposals could target sectors including:
- existing residential buildings including large social housing operators
- existing non-residential buildings of public or commercial owners
- existing public infrastructure such as district heating/cooling networks, water/wastewater services
- clean and energy efficient urban transport infrastructure and low emission mobility solutions including conversion of urban areas for soft mobility or non-motorised transport
- industry and services, including SMEs
- RES energy communities and other citizen led initiatives.
- Grants available up to EUR 6 000 000.
- Delivery of a scalable financing solution for sustainable energy investment projects
- Investments in sustainable energy triggered by the project. Every million Euro of EU support should trigger at least 15 million Euro of investments in sustainable energy, with a particular emphasis on private sector funds, and, hence, ensure a significant leverage effect. In case projects address exclusively investments in residential buildings, the triggered investments should be at least 10 million Euro for every million Euro of EU support
- Primary energy savings/renewable energy generation triggered by the project
- Reduction of GHG emissions triggered by the project
- Increased skills and capacity in project aggregators to deliver further sustainable energy investment
- Jobs created through the sustainable energy investments
- Where relevant, improved health-related indicators such as improved indoor air quality or physical activity
- be legal entities (public or private bodies)
- be established in one of the eligible countries, i.e.:
- EU Member States (including overseas countries and territories (OCTs)
- non-EU countries: EEA countries and countries associated to the LIFE Programme (participating countries) or countries which are in ongoing negotiations for an association agreement and where the agreement enters into force before grant signature
- the coordinator must be established in an eligible country.
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/37ohcs1