The European Commission (EC) is seeking proposals for its European Cooperation projects Medium Scale.
- This action will support projects involving a large diversity of players active in different cultural and creative sectors, to carry out a broad spectrum of activities and initiatives. The action is anchored in the policy framework of the Culture strand of the Creative Europe programme and its cross-cutting issues (inclusiveness, reduction of environmental impact and gender equality). European cooperation projects are also designed to contribute to the implementation of emerging EU policy initiatives such as the New European Bauhaus.
- European cooperation projects are open to all the cultural and creative sectors. However, considering that this action aims to pursue the objectives of the CULTURE strand of the programme, projects involving exclusively organisations from the audio-visual sector and projects of an exclusive audiovisual content are not targeted for funding under it.
- Support will be given to cooperation projects contributing to one of the following objectives:
- Objective 1 – Transnational creation and circulation: to strengthen the transnational creation and circulation of European works and artists;
- Objective 2 – Innovation: to enhance the capacity of European cultural and creative sectors to nurture talents, to innovate, to prosper and to generate jobs and growth.
- Audience: to increase cultural access to and participation in culture as well as audience engagement and development both physically and digitally;
- Social inclusion: to promote societal resilience and to enhance social inclusion in/through culture in particular of/for people with disabilities, people belonging to minorities and people belonging to socially marginalised groups, as well as intercultural dialogue;
- Sustainability: in line with the European Green Deal and the New European Bauhaus, to co-create, adopt and disseminate more environment-friendly practices, as well as to raise awareness on sustainable development through cultural activities;
- Digital: to help the European cultural and creative sectors to undertake or accelerate their digital transition, also as a response to the COVID-19 crisis;
- International dimension: to build the capacity within the European cultural and creative sectors, including grass-roots organisations and micro-organisations, to be active at the international level – in Europe and beyond.
- Amount: EUR 21 026 883
- The consortium most be composed of minimum 5 entities from 5 different eligible countries.
- The maximum EU grant amount is of EUR 1 000 000 per project.
- The funding rate is of maximum 70%
In order to be eligible, the applicants (beneficiaries and affiliated entities) must: be legal entities (public or private bodies)
- be established in one of the eligible countries, i.e.:
- Creative Europe Participating Countries:
- EU Member States (including overseas countries and territories (OCTs))
- non-EU countries:
- listed EEA countries and countries associated to the Creative Europe Programme or countries which are in ongoing negotiations for an association agreement and where the agreement enters into force before grant signature (list of participating countries)
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/3EQA5FS