Deadline: 19 June 2019
European Data Incubator issues a call for proposals with an objective to facilitate the uptake of Big Data tools by the start-ups whilst increasing the technical and business skills of the selected start-ups/SMEs. The final aim is to foster sustainable business incubation around Big Data.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Any project selected by EDI must be executed by a start-up or an SME and it is obliged to make use of a set of data assets for experimentation as defined in any of the tracks of this Open Call for proposals.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The open call will be divided in three tracks. Applicants will select one of them:
- READY-MADE (Track 1 – Domain specific)
- HALF AND HALF (Track 2 – Data combination)
- FREE CHOICE (Track 3 – Bring own data provider)
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
The incubator will be based on a 3-phase process EXPLORE > EXPERIMENT > EVOLVE. Each phase comprises a set of activities that qualify for financial support. All the funds disbursed will be based on concrete results and not administrative justifications.
- Open call: This is the submission of proposals. No funding attached.
- Explore: €5,000 attached to the successful participation in the respective call Datathon in Berlin, elaboration of a mock-up of the future solution making use of the data catalogue provided by the consortium and presentation of the overall solution in the pitch contest.
- Experiment: up to €80,000 subject to the degree of accomplishment of the KPIs defined among each SME and its coach at the beginning of this phase using a set of common objective criteria, i.e. those that ensure equal opportunities for funding to all participants. The selected participants are also required to attend 2 internal events organized by the consortium in this phase in Bilbao, and to develop an MVP.
- Evolve: up to €15,000 attached to the accomplishment of the KPIs defined among each SME and its coach at the beginning of this phase using a set of common objective criteria, i.e. those that ensure equal opportunities for funding to all participants. The selected participants are required to attend the final event organised by the consortium in Berlin.
Therefore, a participant could receive as maximum €100,000 for a project.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- SME/start-up legally established in one of the eligible countries described below.
- SMEs must comply with the Commission Recommendation 2003/361/EC and the SME user guide.
- They must fulfill these criteria:
- Headcount in Annual Work Unit (AWU) less than 250.
- Annual turnover less or equal to €50 million or annual balance sheet total, less or equal to €43 million.
- Only one proposal per SME is allowed.
- Group of individuals
- When there is not a constituted SME, the applicants could be a group between 2 to 4 individuals legally established in one of the eligible countries as describe below. A written commitment to have set up a legally registered SME if reaching the second phase of the incubation (the “Experiment” phase) will be required.
- Only applicants legally established, and working, in the case of the individuals, in any of the following countries will be eligible:
- The Member States (MS) of the European Union (EU), including their outermost regions;
- The Overseas Countries and Territories (OCT) linked to the Member States;
- H2020 Associated countries: according to the updated list published by the EC.
How to Apply
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit https://edincubator.eu/startups/
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.