Deadline: 9 June 2016
European Union is seeking proposals from organisations for a country based support scheme with an aim to strengthen the role of civil society in promoting human rights and democratic reforms in Kazakhstan.
- Enhance the rule of law and good governance
- Monitoring of the implementation of the national and international commitments by which the Republic of Kazakhstan is bound, in particular in relation to freedom of expression, assembly and association.
Any grant requested under this call for proposals must fall between EUR 280 000 to EUR 300 000.
Actions must take place in Kazakhstan.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
The initial planned duration of an action may not be lower than 24 months nor exceed 36 months.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- In order to be eligible for a grant, the lead applicant must:
- be a legal entity
- be non-profit-making and
- be a specific type of organisation such as: non-governmental organisation, public sector operator, local authority, international (inter-governmental) organisation as defined by Article 43 of the Rules of application of the EU Financial Regulation and
- be established in a Member State of the European Union or any other country. This obligation does not apply to international organisations and
- be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary
- The lead applicant must act with co-applicant(s) as specified hereafter. Co-applicants participate in designing and implementing the action, and the costs they incur are eligible in the same way as those incurred by the lead applicant.
- The lead applicant and its co-applicants may act with affiliated entities.
- Entities directly or indirectly controlled by an applicant (daughter companies or first-tier subsidiaries). They may also be entities controlled by an entity controlled by an applicant (granddaughter companies or second-tier subsidiaries) and the same applies to further tiers of control;
- Entities directly or indirectly controlling the applicant (parent companies). Likewise, they may be entities controlling an entity controlling the applicant;
- Entities under the same direct or indirect control as the applicant (sister companies).
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- The application procedure consists of two phases:
- Concept Notes
- Full Applications
- In the first instance, only concept notes must be submitted for evaluation. Thereafter, lead applicants who have been pre-selected will be invited to submit a full application.
For more information, please visit this link and download the guidelines