Deadline: 25 July 2016
The European Commission is seeking proposals from organisations for a thematic programme entitled “Promoting Renewable Energy for Climate Change Mitigation in Namibia” in order to reduce the vulnerability of the Namibian rural population to the adverse impacts of climate change.
- Enhancing the regulatory framework and investment climate for renewable energy in Namibia
- Promoting the use and/or generation of renewable forms of energy in rural areas
- Promoting energy efficiency and saving measures in rural areas
Size of Grants
Any grant requested under this Call for Proposals must fall between EUR 300,000 to EUR 1,300,000.
- In order to be eligible for a grant, the lead applicant must:
- be a legal person
- be a specific type of organisation such as:
- a Non-State Actor (NSAs) including; i) private sector; ii) trade unions and iii) civil society organisations
- a parastatal body; or
- a local authority; or
- an International (inter-governmental) Organisations as defined by Article 43 of the Implementing Rules to the EC Financial Regulation
- be established in an European Union Member State or an African, Caribbean or Pacific (ACP) State (including Namibia) or in a Contracting Party to the European Economic Area Agreement or in beneficiary of the Instrument for Pre-Accession assistance or an Overseas Country or Territory . This obligation does not apply to international organisations
- be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary;
- Potential applicants may not participate in calls for proposals or be awarded grants if they are in any of the situations
How to Apply
- The application procedure consists of two phases:
- Concept Notes
- Full Applications
- In the first instance, only concept notes must be submitted for evaluation. Thereafter, lead applicants who have been pre-selected will be invited to submit a full application.
EU Member States: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Croatia, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom.
ACP States: Africa – South Africa, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Central African Republic, Cameroon, Cabo Verde, Chad, Comoros Islands, Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Equatorial Guinea, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritius, Mauritania, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Uganda, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Zambia and Zimbabwe. Caribbean – Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Surinam, Trinidad and Tobago. Pacific – Cook Islands, East Timor, Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Nauru, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, the Solomon Islands, Western Samoa, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu.
Other eligible countries: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro, Serbia, Turkey, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Anguilla (UK), Aruba (NL), Bermuda (UK), British Indian Ocean Territory (UK), British Virgin Islands (UK), Cayman Islands (UK), Curação (NL), Falkland Islands (UK), French Polynesia (FR), French Southern and Antarctic Territories (FR), Greenland (DK), Montserrat (UK), New Caledonia and Dependencies (FR), Pitcairn (UK), Saba (NL), Saint Barthelemy (FR), Saint Helena Ascension Island Tristan da Cunha (UK), Sint Eustatius (NL), Sint Maarten (NL), South Georgia and South Sandwich Islands (UK), St. Pierre and Miquelon (FR), Turks and Caicos (UK), Wallis and Futuna Islands (FR).
For more information, please visit Europeaid and download the guidelines.