Deadline: 15 June 2016
European Union is seeking proposals from organisations for a thematic programme entitled “Support to Civil Society Organizations and Local Authorities in Jamaica” with an aim at contributing to the fight against injustice and inequality, including under a gender perspective.
It also promotes women empowerment and gender equality, to issues of non-discrimination and to providing an inclusive environment for disadvantaged and marginalized groups (e.g. children, youth at risk, LGBT persons and disabled persons).
Program Lots and Objectives
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Lot 1: Promoting an environment for civil society to contribute to governance and accountability.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- To support CSOs in governance and accountability
- To support CSOs actions to enhance social development
- To support CSOs contribution in promoting inclusive and sustainable growth
- To contribute to test-pilot actions in support of promoting networks of CSOs
Lot 2: Enhancing local authorities contribution to governance and the development process.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Support to LAs as actors of enhanced local governance
- Strengthening the capacity of LAs as welfare providers and promoters of inclusive and sustainable growth at local level
- To contribute to test-pilot actions in support of promoting networks/associations of LAs
- Lot 1– Civil Society Organizations: Any grant requested under this call for proposals must fall between EURO 200,000.00 to EURO 500,000.00.
- Lot 2– Local Authorities: Any grant requested under this call for proposals must fall between EURO 200,000.00 to EURO 500,000.00.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
Actions must take place in Jamaica.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
The initial planned duration of an action may not be lower than 24 months nor exceed 36 months.
- In order to be eligible for a grant, the lead applicant must:
- be a legal person and
- be non-profit-making and
- be a specific type of organisation such as: a non-state actor/ civil society organization, non-governmental organisation or local authority,
- be established in Jamaica
- be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary
- be able to demonstrate the completion, within the last 5 years, of at least 1 project of a similar size and in a related field to the action being requested in the grant.
- The lead applicant must act with co-applicant(s) as specified hereafter. Co-applicants participate in designing and implementing the action, and the costs they incur are eligible in the same way as those incurred by the lead applicant.
- The lead applicant and its co-applicants may act with affiliated entities.
- Entities directly or indirectly controlled by an applicant (daughter companies or first-tier subsidiaries). They may also be entities controlled by an entity controlled by an applicant (granddaughter companies or second-tier subsidiaries) and the same applies to further tiers of control;
- Entities directly or indirectly controlling the applicant (parent companies). Likewise, they may be entities controlling an entity controlling the applicant;
- Entities under the same direct or indirect control as the applicant (sister companies).
How to Apply
- The application procedure consists of two phases:
- Concept Notes
- Full Applications
- In the first instance, only concept notes must be submitted for evaluation. Thereafter, lead applicants who have been pre-selected will be invited to submit a full application.
Eligible Country: Jamaica
For more information, please visit this link and download the guidelines.
(Ad) Are you fed up of receiving non-relevant, non-useful and pointless funding alerts and updates in your email? Not anymore! With fundsforNGOs Premium, you can configure what type of funding updates you want to receive, select specific countries and areas of work and receive information only about them. Save your time by getting the most relevant and useful updates in your email. Learn more.