The purpose of the ENTF is to support the creation of nature-based tourism projects that enhance the visitor experience and encourage visitors to enjoy and learn more about South Australian national parks.
- The Government of South Australia has committed $2 million over four financial years. There is $514,200 available for round two (including remaining funds from round one).
- Applicants can seek grants from $10,000 to $50,000 (excluding GST) via a competitive assessment process across two streams.
- Stream 1: Quick Activation Projects Grants from $10,000 to $20,000
- Stream 2: Innovative Development Projects Grants from $20,001 to $50,000
What types of projects are eligible?
- The ENTF will provide funding for the creation of new or improved tourism products and experiences, and the development of new or improved tourism infrastructure that will attract domestic and international visitors to national parks.
- Applicants must be able to clearly demonstrate how their project will encourage visitation to the park and/or natural assets, while demonstrating care for the natural environment and sustainable practices.
- Eligible projects are limited to the below initiatives:
- Projects that expand an existing tourism offering, including product and experience development.
- Projects that develop new, or support existing, tourism offerings (e.g. off grid accommodation, tour equipment storage).
- Purchase of equipment required to operate a tour (e.g. diving/snorkelling equipment).
- Vehicles to transport people to and within national parks (e.g. bikes, e-bikes, coaches, kayaks, boats, and aircraft).
- Training programs for staff to support the development of appealing nature-based experiences (e.g. mentoring, coaching, tour guide training, Aboriginal cultural training, flora and fauna education, storytelling or interpretation expertise, responsible/sustainable travel best practice awareness).
- Marketing activities (e.g. website, content creation).
To be eligible for funding, the project must:
- Be located within 20km of a national park.
- Operate an experience that enters a national park.
Who is eligible to apply?
- Applications to the ENTF are limited to legal entities, including:
- Individual/Sole Traders
- Not-for-Profit Organisations registered with the Australian Charities and Not-for-Profits Commission
- Incorporated community and progress associations
- Applicants must be:
- Financially viable
- Operating a business with an Australian Business Number (ABN) for a minimum of 12 months
- Legal entities (with which the Government of South Australia can enter into a legally binding grant agreement)
- Able to demonstrate the capability and capacity to complete the project.
- Note: Applicants (including related entities under different ABNs) are eligible to submit one application to the ENTF per financial year.
- Local Government and Councils
- Local Government Associations
- Regional Development Australia
- Regional Tourism Organisations (one of the recognised South Australian regional tourism authorities)
- Industry Associations
- State or Federal Government Agencies and/or Departments
- Superannuation Funds (including Self-Managed Super Funds)
- Unincorporated Associations
For more information, visit Government of South Australia.