Deadline: 30 April 2020
Fonds SUEZ is seeking applications for its grant program to combat exclusion by favouring inclusion and consequently sustainably improving the living conditions and autonomy of persons via access to essential services, social insertion and social harmony.
The Fondation SUEZ supports concrete actions in favour of:
- Access to essential services (water, sanitation and waste) for disadvantaged populations in developing countries;
- The insertion of vulnerable populations thanks to employment and training in France;
- Social harmony through education, culture and sport, in France.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Fondation SUEZ has set itself several priorities:
- To support and accompany development projects via financial and skills-based sponsorship partnerships developed with international solidarity organizations, non-profit making specialized institutions.
- To accompany humanitarian and emergency operations in the field of access to essential services.
- To support and accompany insertion projects encouraging employment and training in France. The Fondation is making a long-term commitment in this sense and is looking to contribute towards the social and economic revitalisation of territories.
- To support and accompany social cohesion projects via education, culture and sport. The Fondation hopes to contribute towards preventing the exclusion of young people, limiting their marginalisation thanks to educational support projects and access to cultural and sporting practices.
- To reinforce the expertise of local players and circulate expertise by supporting actions to professionalize services, put in place specific training programmes and foster networking between players.
- To boost innovation and research applied to the realities of the field in developing countries, namely via the organisation of a Prize to reward and promote innovative projects having proven their worth and which can be replicated.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
For access to essential service projects, the Fondation supports projects implemented in developing countries. It does not intervene in so-called developed countries within the context of the domain considered. The Fondation is looking to focus its actions on problems encountered in urban and peri-urban areas: projects meeting this criterion will be studied as a matter of priority. However, projects in rural settings will not be disregarded if they permit the management of the services provided to be structured on a long-term basis.
- The Fondation supports projects at a global level, including in zones where for safety reasons, it will not be able to send personnel for project evaluation missions.
- For projects dedicated to social insertion and cohesion, the Fondation focuses solely on France.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
The Fondation supports projects proposed by project initiators with an associative legal status and which have been legally established for at least one year prior to the date of the submission of the project application.
The Fondation does not support projects developed by individuals.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
The Fondation attaches a great deal of importance to how actions are relayed on the site of intervention and gives priority to applicants which possess local divisions or which report a very close partnership with a local structure.
Similarly, particular attention will be paid to:
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
- The clearly identified demand and the determination of the populations concerned to contribute towards maintaining the service or activity to be created,
- Whether or not the project is of general interest,
- The commitment and support shown towards the project by local stakeholders: user associations, local resident communities, local authorities etc.
- The correspondence of the project with the national or regional policies adopted in the domain considered,
- Coherency with the other projects implemented on the same theme in the same geographical zone; for access to essential service projects: resource preservation, integrated management of the receiving environment, collection and treatment management…
- The search for efficiency and the sustainable improvement in the living conditions of populations as part of a development process which respects the environment,
- The search for the sustainability of actions thanks to the relevance of the prior assessment designed to measure the impacts of the project’s achievements
- Impact measuring thanks to indicators and assessment mechanisms based on transparency, in conjunction – where possible – with the authorities in the countries concerned,
- The introduction of post-project monitoring,
- And, particularly for projects relating to access to essential services, the existence of training to improve and manage services, personnel training and awareness-raising actions among local populations with respect to health and hygiene.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, visit https://www.fondation-suez.com/en/