Deadline: 31 October 2019
Fonds SUEZ is seeking applications for its grant program to combat exclusion by favouring inclusion and consequently sustainably improving the living conditions and autonomy of persons via access to essential services, social insertion and social harmony.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Fondation SUEZ supports concrete actions in favour of:
- Access to essential services (water, sanitation and waste) for disadvantaged populations in developing countries;
- The insertion of vulnerable populations thanks to employment and training in France;
- Social harmony through education, culture and sport, in France.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Fondation SUEZ has set itself several priorities:
- To support and accompany development projects via financial and skills-based sponsorship partnerships developed with international solidarity organizations, non-profit making specialized institutions.
- To accompany humanitarian and emergency operations in the field of access to essential services.
- To support and accompany insertion projects encouraging employment and training in France. The Fondation is making a long-term commitment in this sense and is looking to contribute towards the social and economic revitalisation of territories.
- To support and accompany social cohesion projects via education, culture and sport. The Fondation hopes to contribute towards preventing the exclusion of young people, limiting their marginalisation thanks to educational support projects and access to cultural and sporting practices.
- To reinforce the expertise of local players and circulate expertise by supporting actions to professionalize services, put in place specific training programmes and foster networking between players.
- To boost innovation and research applied to the realities of the field in developing countries, namely via the organisation of a Prize to reward and promote innovative projects having proven their worth and which can be replicated.
Location / Implementation Zone
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- For access to essential service projects, the Fondation supports projects implemented in developing countries. It does not intervene in so-called developed countries within the context of the domain considered. The Fondation is looking to focus its actions on problems encountered in urban and peri-urban areas: projects meeting this criterion will be studied as a matter of priority. However, projects in rural settings will not be disregarded if they permit the management of the services provided to be structured on a long-term basis.
- The Fondation supports projects at a global level, including in zones where for safety reasons, it will not be able to send personnel for project evaluation missions.
- For projects dedicated to social insertion and cohesion, the Fondation focuses solely on France.
- The Fondation supports projects proposed by project initiators with an associative legal status and which have been legally established for at least one year prior to the date of the submission of the project application.
- The Fondation does not support projects developed by individuals.
- The Fondation attaches a great deal of importance to how actions are relayed on the site of intervention and gives priority to applicants which possess local divisions or which report a very close partnership with a local structure.
- Similarly, particular attention will be paid to:
- The clearly identified demand and the determination of the populations concerned to contribute towards maintaining the service or activity to be created, – Whether or not the project is of general interest,
- The commitment and support shown towards the project by local stakeholders: user associations, local resident communities, local authorities etc.
- The correspondence of the project with the national or regional policies adopted in the domain considered, – Coherency with the other projects implemented on the same theme in the same geographical zone; for access to essential service projects: resource preservation, integrated management of the receiving environment, collection and treatment management…
- The search for efficiency and the sustainable improvement in the living conditions of populations as part of a development process which respects the environment,
- The search for the sustainability of actions thanks to the relevance of the prior assessment designed to measure the impacts of the project’s achievements
- Impact measuring thanks to indicators and assessment mechanisms based on transparency, in conjunction – where possible – with the authorities in the countries concerned,
- The introduction of post-project monitoring,
- And, particularly for projects relating to access to essential services, the existence of training to improve and manage services, personnel training and awareness-raising actions among local populations with respect to health and hygiene.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Interested applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, visit https://www.fondation-suez.com/en/
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.