Deadline: 9 January 2017
The Students Help Life (SHL) Foundation is seeking applications for support of educational youth project activities in the eligible countries mentioned below. The general funding purpose is to strengthen civil society, with a strong focus on socially, economically and politically minoritized and endangered groups.
SHL is a non-profit, politically and religiously neutral organization, the key instrument of SHL’s funding is the annual Social Day, on which around 80,000 high school students in Germany work one day and donate their earnings to SHL.
The applicant’s projects must be active in the following fields:
- The participation and integration of young migrants and refugees in their local community/public life.
- Addressing critical living conditions, such as poverty and lack of perspectives of the above mentioned target groups.
- Projects that enable political participation and raise awareness for the situation of the target groups thus strengthening civil society.
The financial support for any individual intervention would normally be in the range of EUR 100,000 to 150,000. SHL funding is possible up to a maximum of 3 years.
The projects should also:
- enable young people to become responsible and critical members of a democratic state and/or
- encourage or facilitate/assist young people in using their own initiative and /or
- support voluntary work and/or
- bring people of different origins and religions closer together, to create lasting stability in the region and /or
- include politically relevant campaigns or cultural activities which strengthen civil society and/or
- guide young people how to become financially independent
SHL partners with local non-governmental organisations that:
- have participatory and decision-making youth structures in their organizational statute and in daily practice
- implement projects conducted by youth
- have a proven track record in the proposed activities
- have a clear plan focusing on developing and/or diversifying their activities
- have the technical, managerial and financial capacity to effectively and efficiently implement its activities
- share SHL‘s values, including vision, mission, internationally recognized principles concerning human rights, labour and child protection policies
- can use SHL funding to extend their core activities in ways that create additional opportunities for children and youth
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted via email at the address given on the website.
Eligible Countries: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Macedonia, Montenegro, Kosovo and Serbia.
For more information, please visit Foundation students help life.