The Foundation for Rural and Regional Renewal (FRRR) has launched the Community Group Futures Program for not-for-profit organisations working in and for the benefit of communities affected by the 2009 Victorian bushfires.
The Community Group Futures program provides resources for organisations to consider their viability, sustainability and future roles in their communities, and to strengthen organisational capabilities to achieve their aspirations.
- Communities enjoy access to a range of high quality, relevant and sustainable local service options.
- Not-for-profit organisations are underpinned by efficient and effective structures, systems and processes.
- Not-for-profit organisations are led and managed by skilled and capable people, whether they be volunteer or paid.
- Innovative and collaborative approaches exist to address community needs and priorities and resourcing challenges for organisations.
There are three streams to the program. Organisations are encouraged to consider which stream most closely fits their needs at this point in time, with a view to supporting future viability and sustainability. The three streams and total funds available are:
- Organisational Capability
- Viability & Sustainability
- Cost Efficiencies for Community Infrastructure
Applications can be made to only one of these streams of funding.
- The Community Group Futures program offers grants of up to $20,000.
Not-for-profit community organisations permanently operating in and for the benefit of communities affected by the 2009 Victorian bushfires are eligible to apply. These may include but are not limited to:
- Neighbourhood Houses and Learning Centres
- Community Arts organisations
- Community Leadership Programs
- Community groups such as Landcare groups, Men’s Sheds
- Progress Associations
- Committees of Management of Hall and Recreation Reserve and other community owned or operated facilities
- Youth Groups.
Please note no special tax status is require.
For more information, visit https://www.frrr.org.au/grants/community_group_futures