Deadline: 31 January 2020
The Woodward Charitable Trust is seeking applications for its grant program to fund charitable organisations in the UK.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Trust’s grant-making focuses on the following areas:
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- Arts outreach work by local groups involving disadvantaged people;
- Children and young people who are isolated, at risk of exclusion or involved in anti-social behaviour and in particular organisations that work to discourage individuals getting involved in gangs or violent behaviour;
- Disability projects, which can include rehabilitation and training for people who are either physically or learning disabled as well as charities supporting mental health issues, particularly where it relates to their other priority areas;
- Disadvantaged women and their children, covering refuges and domestic violence shelters and groups;
- Disadvantaged families including parenting support;
- Prisoners and ex-offenders and specifically projects that help the rehabilitation and resettlement of prisoners and/or ex-offenders as well as requests to help prisoners’ families;
- Projects that promote integration and community cohesion particularly amongst minority groups, refugees and traveller communities.
Types of Grant
- The Trustees make two types of grants – smaller grants of under £3,000, usually around 100 grants per year; and larger grants of over £3,000, usually no more than 5-8 per year and almost always to charities already known to the Trustees.
- The Trustees favour small-scale, locally based initiatives and most grants are only for one year.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- The Trust primarily funds charitable organisations in the UK.
- If Woodward funds overseas projects it is usually via UK charities which can ensure that funds are being well used. Woodward favours charities which make good use of volunteers and encourage past and current users to participate. Their grant-making continues to be primarily reactive but with some selected projects initiated by the trustees.
They will also NOT fund unsolicited applications from the following:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Charities registered overseas
- Construction projects such as playgrounds, village halls, and disabled accesses
- Educational fees
- General school appeals
- Individuals in any capacity
- Medical research
- Parish facilities
- Playgroups and pre-school groups
- Requests for vehicles
For more information, visit http://woodwardcharitabletrust.org.uk/general_applications/