Deadline: 11 December 2019
Canada Council for the Arts has announced a Circulation and Touring component of Arts Across Canada that funds touring and exhibition activities of Canadian artists, artistic groups and arts organizations.
Grants support the presentation and exhibition of performances and works by Canadian artists which build national exposure and reach Canadian audiences.
Individuals who are Deaf or who have disabilities, including those living with mental illness, and require accommodation at any stage of the application process may be eligible for additional assistance.
Generally up to 50% of eligible costs, to a maximum of $200 000.
Destinations must be at least 250 kilometers from applicants place of departure for:
- the circulation or touring of artists, exhibitions or artistic works to 3 or more Canadian destinations (art exhibitions must include at least 2 destinations outside applicants home province or territory)
- cross-border Canada/United States tours with the majority of events in Canada
- self-presentation and/or circulation and touring to fewer than 3 Canadian destinations, if applicants provide a strong market development rationale or outreach strategy
- Types of potential applicants to this component include:
- artists and curators
- artistic groups and collectives
- artistic organizations
- First Nations, Inuit and Métis professional artists, groups, collectives and not-for-profit organizations
- media arts distribution centres and festivals
- Applicants eligibility to apply to this component is determined by the validated profile created in the portal.
- Organizations presently receiving core (operating) grants can apply to this component.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit https://canadacouncil.ca/funding/grants/arts-across-canada/circulation-and-touring