Deadline: 30 January 2020
U.S. Embassy Lima’s Public Affairs Section (PAS) of the U.S. Department of State has announced a Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) to promote gender equality and prevent gender-based violence through the performing arts.
This funding opportunity seeks to support gender equity and the promotion of healthy relationships among adolescents in Madre de Dios region in Peru. Innovative prevention programs can address healthy relationships and reduce teen-dating violence. Primary beneficiaries of the project should be residents of Madre de Dios between ages 14 and 17. The project should also include teachers and parents, with the goal of increasing awareness, changing community attitudes, and reducing the incidence of violence against women and girls.
Project activities must include a component of performing arts education, with participatory theater as a priority, but other forms of performing arts such as music and dance should also be considered. The project should also include other interactive engagements such as sessions with teachers and parents, community presentations, and awareness campaigns. Project activities should take place before August 2020. Scheduling and dissemination of activities should be done in coordination with PAS. The budget and timeline should reflect all project activities.
- Award Ceiling: $25,000
- Award Floor: $10,000
- The U.S. Embassy Lima Public Affairs Section encourages applications from U.S. or Peruvian citizens and/or organizations, including:
- Registered public or private non-profit organizations, such as think tanks and civil society/non-governmental organizations with programming experience;
- Non-profit or governmental educational institutions; and
- Governmental institutions
- For-profit or commercial entities are not eligible to apply.
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=323135