Deadline: 28 October 2019
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Lithuania is seeking applications for the implementation of development cooperation projects under the Development Cooperation and Democracy Promotion Programme in 2020.
In accordance with the development cooperation policy guidelines set out in the Inter-Institutional Action Plan on Development Cooperation, adopted by Resolution No. 937 of the Government of the Republic of Lithuania on September 21, 2016, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs calls for submission of project applications for the implementation of the following concepts:
- Republic of Armenia (projects will be administered by the Central Project Management Agency CPMA):
- Support for the implementation of the EU-Armenia Comprehensive and Enhanced Partnership Agreement (CEPA): Establishing a safe transport system.
- Public of Azerbaijan (administered by CPMA):
- Promoting social and economic activity in the regions of Azerbaijan.
- Republic of Belarus (administered by CPMA):
- Supporting democracy and promoting youth’s social and economic activity in Belarus;
- Capacity building in the field of historical and cultural heritage preservation;
- Support to public awareness initiatives in the field of environmental protection.
- Georgia (administered by CPMA):
- Support for sustainable economic growth, taking advantage of the opportunities provided by the EU-Georgia Association Agreement;
- Regional development and strengthening of self-governance in Georgia.
- Republic of Moldova (administered by CPMA):
- Support for the implementation of the EU-Moldova Association Agreement: Establishing a safe transport system;
- Developing a corruption-intolerant society in Moldova by strengthening independent media.
- Ukraine (administered by CPMA):
- Support for the implementation of EU-Ukraine Association Agreement through the rule of law;
- Support to education sector in the conflict-affected regions in Eastern Ukraine;
- Support for Ukraine in implementing reforms in the field of psychosocial rehabilitation.
- European Neighbourhood Countries:
- Strengthening democratic processes and resistance to disinformation in Armenia, Moldova, Georgia and Ukraine (administered by MFA);
- Support for women’s empowerment and gender mainstreaming in the European Neighbourhood countries (administered by CPMA).
- Migration origin and transit countries and regions (administered by CPMA):
- Promotion of social and economic activity in West African countries;
- Support to institutional capacity building in the field of consumer rights in East African countries;
- Support to countries of origin of migration in the Middle East region in the field of education.
- Public education and awareness about development cooperation (administered by CPMA):
- Documentary film festival on the development cooperation theme;
- Public education on UN Sustainable Development Goals and promotion of volunteering.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
A total of EUR 655,000 will be allocated to these projects in 2020.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Lithuanian and foreign legal persons, organizations, their subdivisions, and individuals are invited to submit project applications. The duration of project implementation may be one or more years;
- Applicant must have at least one partner in the country where the project will be implemented. A partner is not obligatory, when the project relates to the promotion of democracy or public information, or if an application for a project is submitted by an entity of the partner country or by an international organization.
- While evaluating submitted project applications, attention will be paid to the horizontal priorities of development cooperation: strengthening democracy and human rights, promotion of gender equality, especially implementing Women, Peace and Security agenda, promotion of women’s social and economic engagement, environmental protection and fight against climate change.
- Additional attention will be paid to the way the project transfers Lithuania’s European integration experience to the Eastern Partnership countries and disseminates the above-mentioned experience in the regions undergoing transformation.
Eligible Countries: Lithuania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus , Georgia , Moldova , Ukraine, Moldova, Ukraine , Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Palestine, Syria, Tunisia, Benin, Burkina Faso, Ivory Coast, Cape Verde, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone and Togo, Burundi, Comoros, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Madagascar, Mauritius, Mozambique, Rwanda, Malawi, Somalia, South Sudan, Seychelles, Tanzania, Uganda, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Bahrain, Cyprus, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Yemen
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply online via given website.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://orangeprojects.lt/en/calls-for-proposals/ministry-of-foreign-affairs