Deadline: 18 December 2019
The Romanian Fund for Social Development (FRDS), as Program Operator for the “Local Development, Poverty Reduction and Inclusion of Roma” Program (Local Development), funded from the 2014-2021 EEA and Norwegian Grants, has announced a Call for Project Proposals “Increasing inclusion and enabling Roma”.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
- In total, the amount allocated to the call is 16,000,000 Euros;
- Service provision projects – 10,000,000 Euro;
- Projects to develop the capacity of existing / after-school / day-care centers that work with a high percentage of Roma children and young people – 3,000,000 Euro;
- Empowerment projects – € 3,000,000.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Projects funded under the present call shall contribute to meeting one or more of the following objectives of the call for proposals:
- Increasing the access and quality of sectorial or integrated services for Roma, in the following sectors: social assistance, education, employment, health and housing;
- Consolidating the capacity of existent educational / after school / day care centres working with a high percentage of Roma children and youth, with priority of those previously funded under the RO10 Programme Children and Youth at Risk and Local and Regional Initiatives to Reduce National Inequalities and to Promote Social Inclusion”, funded by EEA Grants 2009-2014 (Small grant scheme “Local”);
- Projects will aim at supporting existing functional centres, by adding value to the quality of serviced provided to the target groups, in order to increase their impact and to strengthen sustainability. A minimum of 5 centres will have to be targeted in each project;
- Empowering Roma people, especially Roma women, youth, experts and leaders. In the framework of the present call, empowerment of Roma people is considered as the process of expansion of their assets and capabilities both at individual level (health, education, housing etc) and at collective level (ability to organise and mobilise to take collective action for solving their problems) in order to participate in, negotiate with,
influence, control and hold accountable institutions that affect their lives;
- Combating all forms of discrimination of Roma people. The call will support projects that will promote respect of rights of Roma people, fight against anti-Gypsysm, stereotypes and harassment, at the same time increasing the awareness on intercultural approaches (collecting and promoting experiences on groups of Roma, cultures, languages etc).
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Depending on the thematic allocation in which they are submitted, the projects will be addressed to the following target groups :
- Roma people and families in situations of vulnerability, risk or facing various forms of socio-economic exclusion;
- Roma people, especially women and young Roma, with low levels of awareness about rights and participation in community life;
- Roma experts and leaders;
- Specialists / volunteers in the fields of education, health, employment, social services, public administration,
- NGO sector, involved in providing services to Roma people;
- Members of the community belonging to the majority population.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Priority is given to:
- Projects implemented in rural or urban disadvantaged areas with over 30% of Roma population, identified as such in a specific statement issued by the local authority from each implementation area;
- Projects that address a need at national level, if the case.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
- Eligible applicants are non-governmental organizations, public entities and associations of local authorities;
- The recommended duration of the projects is between 12 and 36 months.
- They will be focused on providing integrated services (obtaining identity documents, educational services, employment services, health services, improving living conditions); providing information to Roma people, especially Roma women and young people, on ways to assert their rights, ways to access public services; developing the individual capacities of Roma people;
- Activities to increase the responsibility and the capacity of public authorities and institutions to be more inclusive; activities that promote the capacity of local Roma organization; training of staff and volunteers working with Roma people; awareness-raising campaigns on anti-discrimination issues, targeting the majority population, to promote respect for Roma rights, the fight against anti-Gypsyism, stereotypes and harassment; exchanges of good practice in the field of project with entities from Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.
Eligible Country: Romania
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.
For more information, visit https://frds.ro/index.php?id=147