Deadline: 2 December 2019
The Rwanda Green Fund (FONERWA) has announced its tenth call for proposals, which invites non-profit organisations to submit Project Profile Documents (PPDs) requesting financial support to implement projects contributing to sustainable development and climate resilience.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
FONERWA is a government institution with a mandate to mobilize climate finance for funding projects and programs that contribute to sustainable wealth creation and poverty reduction in Rwanda, through sustainable management of natural resources, climate resilient and green economic growth.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Proposals should relate to the following three thematic windows:
- Research, Development and Technology Transfer and Implementation
- Environment and Climate Change Mainstreaming
- Conservation and Sustainable Management of Natural Resources
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
The Fund will avail a maximum funding of US $200,000 for each project and the organisation applying for grant will be required to provide co-financing to demonstrate capacity for sustainability.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
This call for proposals targets investments under the following entry points:
- Biomass replacement
- Waste management
- Green technologies in key priority sectors such as infrastructure and housing, agriculture, health and water resource management
The key consideration will be given to projects that are in line with national priorities and have conducted stakeholders’ consultation with Sector Working Groups (SWGs), local community and local government.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
The Fund Manager will compare each PPD against the key eligibility criteria of FONERWA:
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.
- The project matches one of the FONERWA thematic/ financing windows (conservation and sustainable management of natural resources, research and development in green technologies, or environmental and climate change mainstreaming).
- Benefits from the project will be sustained after the lifetime of the project activity.
- The project offers good value for money and activities are carefully designed to deliver results.
- Economy: The right inputs have been identified to deliver the required outputs and will be procured cost effectively.
- Efficiency: Operational costs are appropriate given the benefits. The benefits exceed the costs.
- Effectiveness: The project achieves one, or more, of FONERWA’s core objectives.
- stakeholders, particularly local communities, have been consulted and there is a plan in place to communicate and consult with stakeholders throughout the lifetime of the project.
- The project can be linked with national and local strategies related to climate change and environmental management. The project builds on existing activities.
- The project conforms to existing legislation. In particular, there is no involvement or complicity in corruption.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit their PPD form online via given website.
For more information, please visit http://fonerwa.org/announcement-2019