Deadline: 31 December 2019
The Jana Robeyst Trust Fund (JRTF) is accepting applications for its Small Conservation Grants to provide financial resources to early career scientists/conservationists and non-profit organizations to carry out vital field conservation and research work in Africa.
The JRTF aims to provide relatively small levels of funding for ongoing projects or pilot programmes with a clear conservation value.
Small grants will be awarded up to a maximum of 1,500 euro.
- This funding program is open to individuals or organizations for projects in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Applicants can be based anywhere in the world.
- Both successful and unsuccessful applicants are welcome to apply again 12 months after the submission.
- Eligible project will have a clear conservation value and be based in a country in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Preference will go to projects in relation with elephants.
- Education projects will also be considered.
What project is not eligible for funding?
- Pure research will not be funded. Research project will be considered if they demonstrate applied benefit to conservation and/or target an identified conservation need.
- Living costs, thesis production costs, retrospective costs, fundraising costs, and payment of a debt will not be considered for funding.
- Office equipment and participation to internship and volunteer program will not be considered unless they are essential in completing field work or benefit an identified conservation need.
How to Apply
- Interested applicants should submit the grant form in English or French. Additional information may be provided in separate attachments.
- They will request:
- The grant form fully completed
- CV with the contact details of two references (if one letter of reference is send with the application, the referees will not be contacted, the referees need to have professional email addresses).
- The application must be send through a professional email address (not Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.). If not possible, please send a proof of affiliation with a university, research institution or non-profit organization.
- Applications must be submitted via given website.
Eligible Countries: Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo DR, Congo-Brazzaville, Cote d Ivoire (Ivory Coast), Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Reunion, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia, Zimbabwe
For more information, please visit http://janatrustfund.org/index_en.html