Deadline: 15 September 2019
The Policy Center for the New South has currently announced the application for The Atlantic Dialogues Emerging Leaders Program for young leaders to engage them in policy making and shaping narrative from the Atlantic basin and Africa.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The ADEL program is PCNS’s flagship youth program, held two days prior to the Atlantic Dialogues conference. Every year, this program brings together 40 to 50 young leaders from around the Atlantic basin and Africa. these rising leaders have displayed leadership capabilities, and have a strong sense of commitment to social and economic issues facing their communities in particular and the world in general.
Policy Center for the New South is looking to build a stronger sense of community between PCNS and the ADELs, as well as between the ADELs themselves, and to further tap into the potential of this ever-growing community of current and future leaders across the Atlantic Basin.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The motto of PCNS’s is to increase intergenerational dialogue during the conference and beyond between leading experts, senior officials and high- potential change- makers, through its Atlantic Dialouges Emerging Leaders program.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Emerging Leaders are required to attend the Atlantic Dialogues Emerging Leaders Program and Atlantic Dialogues conference. Therefore, they should be able and willing to travel to Marrakesh, Morocco to attend the convening from December 9th to 15th 2019;
- Emerging Leaders are required to take part in ALL of the conference and program activities and willing to actively engage with the other participants;
- Emerging Leaders are committed to act as ambassadors of the program and actively participate in the ADEL community after the end of the program;
- As active stewards of the program, Emerging Leaders are expected to collaborate with the Policy Center for the New South post-event to evaluate and refine the program for future cohorts.
Interested applicants must submit an online application form with the following materials by Sunday September 15th at 11:59 pm Rabat time:
• A copy of their resumes / CVs. Resumes should be no longer than 2 pages (.pdf format)
• A personal statement of no more than 250 words detailing their motivations for applying and their prospective contributions and benefits from the Atlantic Dialogues Emerging Leaders Program. The personal statement should also detail the candidates’ expertise or field of work.
• The link to a one-minute YouTube video* addressing the following:
o Introduce yourself
o Why are you applying to the program?
o Do you consider yourself a leader and why?
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
* You can upload a video to YouTube that will only be visible by recipients of the link (unlisted option).
* All documents submitted must be written in English.
* Please make sure you start your application early as PCNS will not be responsible for technical issues that prevent you from submitting your application on time.
* Kindly note that no applications will be accepted after the deadline. There will be no exceptions made.
* Only complete applications will be accepted.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
A selection committee will review the applications and will respond 1-month post deadline. Please note that selection will be conducted on a competitive basis.
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.
The candidates will be scored according to the following selection criteria:
• Professional achievement and professional growth
• Leadership potential and demonstrated leadership in community and/or profession
• Interest in issues affecting Wider Atlantic Relations
• Commitment to global, Atlantic and/or local engagement
• Ability to contribute to the Atlantic Dialogues and Emerging Leaders network
• Ability to clearly express ideas (assessed through personal statement and 1 minute youtube video)
- Applicants must be between the ages of twenty-three and thirty-five (inclusive) on July 15th, the day the applications for the program open;
- Applicants must be citizens of countries located in Africa, North America, South America, Central America, Western Europe or the Caribbean – that is, citizens of countries bordering the Atlantic Basin and on the African continent;
- Applicants must demonstrate proficiency in English;
- Applicants must guarantee their availability for the full duration of this six-day program, which will take place from December 9th to 15th, in Marrakesh, Morocco;
- Young leaders from around the Atlantic basin and Africa, who have demonstrated leadership and initiative in their fields, who want to contribute to shaping the regional and global agenda in politics, finance, business, civil society, and many other areas, who are eager to network with their peers and older and seeks to foster and strengthen ties across the the Atlantic are eligible to apply.
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/2JMDckp