Deadline: 18 November 2019
medica mondiale is currently inviting women’s rights organisations from Liberia and Sierra Leone to respond to this call for proposals. The call for proposal aims at improving the situation of women and girls affected by sexualised and gender-based violence (s/gbv) perpetrated during or after the conflicts in the region.
medica mondiale is a non-governmental organisation based in Cologne, Germany. Since its establishment as a feminist women’s rights organisation in 1993, medica mondiale has been promoting women’s rights in war and conflict regions throughout the world. Medica mondiale supports women’s organisations at the local, regional or national level to protect and promote the rights of women and girls who have been affected by gender-based and particularly sexualised violence. Together with women from around the world, medica mondiale is committed to supporting women and girls to live a life free of violence, in dignity and justice.
In line with its Strategy for International Programme Work 2012–2020, medica mondiale aims at extending the work in her priority regions, among them the Mano River Region.
medica mondiale encourages project proposals in the following thematic areas:
- Expand mechanisms and strategies to prevent s/gbv. Improve the response for survivors by providing holistic, trauma-sensitive services including, but not limited to, psychosocial counselling, medical support, legal advice, and/or income generating activities.
- Advocacy, awareness and/or networking related to preventing and combating s/gbv, political participation, peace building or justice, promotion of female leadership and/or feminist movement building.
- Grants are awarded up to 10.000 Euro per project.
- The project duration is maximum one year (12 months).
- Only one grant per year will be given to any organisation.
This call for proposals addresses women’s rights organisations in the following countries: Liberia and Sierra Leone. Organisations must fulfil the following criteria:
- directed and led by women
- having as primary mission the protection and promotion of women’s and girls’ rights with these goals clearly reflected in their work
- working on issues directly related to combating and preventing s/gbv in conflict and postconflict intervention areas
- having an inclusive approach towards all women and girls regardless of ethnicity, religion, political belief, sexual orientation, social status, or age
- working for social structural change to end violence against women
- actively including the perspectives of the people they support
- working in collaboration with others in the human and women’s rights movement
- formally registered as non-governmental and non-profit organisations
medica mondiale does not fund individuals, scholarships, organisations founded or led by government entities or political parties.
How to Apply
- Applications can be submitted in English or French via e-mail only.
- Applicants must download the application form and the budget form and send it via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://www.medicamondiale.org/en/what-we-do/grants-program.html