Deadline: 30 October 2019
Women’s Fund in Georgia (WFG) has announced the grants competition on “Protection of Women’s Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights”, financially supported by Foundation Open Society Institute (FOSI).
The grants competition aims to support the initiatives that are targeted towards empowering women, raising their awareness and capacity building regarding the SRHR. In addition, grants competition aims to change existing attitudes, policies and practices in regards to SRHR, and protect women human rights defenders working on women’s reproductive health and sexual rights and strengthening their networking.
The Women’s Fund in Georgia welcomes initiatives oriented towards social changes in the light of SRHR.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Grants competition priority directions are:
- Empowering women and girls, supporting networking with their direct involvement and leadership;
- Increasing access to reproductive health services/raising awareness/producing and spreading knowledge for women and girls;
- Advocacy/lobbying (including budget advocacy), conducting advocacy campaigns including different interested parties (parents, guardians, sexual partners, social workers, police workers, etc);
- Conducting researches on women’s SRHR;
- Sensitizing the decision-makers on SRHS issues; ensuring the networking with decision-makers and service-providers;
- Strengthening societal/community monitoring and reporting systems (including budget monitoring);
Thematic directions can include, but are not limited to the following:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Access to the comprehensive sexual education;
- Access to stigma-free information and services regarding contraception (including emergency contraception);
- Access to stigma-free information and services regarding abortion;
- Sexually Transmitted Infections’ (STI) prevention and treatment;
- Prevention of sexual and gender-based violence and further response;
- Revealing, documentation and response to the facts of violation of sexual and reproductive rights and discrimination of girls and women;
- Protecting the reproductive/sexual rights of those women’s groups that experience multiple forms of discrimination;
The maximum grant amount is 8000 USD. The maximum length of the project should not exceed 14 months.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Groups eligible to participate in the grants competition “Protection of Women’s Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) 2019” are:
- Locally registered women’s non-governmental organizations
- Organizations working on women’s issues which are led by women
- Women’s organizations, whose organizational budget is smaller than WFG’s
- Women’s organizations both from the regions and the capital (as well as regional or international organizations that are established and operating in Georgia)
- Within this competition, priorities will be given to women’s organizations from the regions.
The selected grantees will undergo special training on SRHR in order to strengthen their knowledge and skills and successfully implement their projects.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
How to Apply
Project proposals can be submitted in person or send it by mail, e-mail, or by fax at the address given on the website.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://www.womenfundgeorgia.org/ka/WhatWeDo/Grantmaking/3484