Deadline: 10 February 2020
D/deaf and disabled LGBTI people face specific barriers and challenges when accessing human rights. Accessibility and inclusiveness have increasingly been part of LGBTI groups and organizations’ conversations and practices. Yet most D/deaf and disabled LGBTI people continue to be marginalised in LGBTI movements across Europe and Central Asia. ILGA-Europe wants to contribute to changing that.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- With this funding, ILGA-Europe will support projects that prioritize:
- Connection: D/deaf and disabled LGBTI people voices and ideas are more connected and less isolated;
- Legal and policy change: Through advocacy work there are fewer barriers to D/deaf and disabled LGBTI people enjoying their human rights;
- Visibility: D/deaf and disabled LGBTI people experiences and activism are more visible.
- An additional priority is about the LGBTI (and disability) movement becoming more aware and accessible for D/deaf and disabled LGBTI people. With this fund, ILGA-Europe want to support projects that:
- Create results that remain also after the fund is finished.
- Is part of a longer process of developing D/deaf and disabled LGBTI activism in Europe and Central Asia.
- Create knowledge, tools, practices that can be used by other activists for similar purposes;
- Keeps into account a regional and cross-country perspective.
ILGA-Europe plans to make up to 5 grants in the range of 3.000€-5.000 €. Projects can last a maximum of 6 months and have to finish before the 15 October 2020. For this call, ILGA-Europe has a total budget of 17.000 €.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Registered organisations led by D/deaf and disabled LGBTI activists are encouraged to submit project proposals; proposals from LGBTI organisations working on the intersection of LGBTI and disability are also eligible.
- ILGA-Europe also welcomes projects where an unregistered group operates with the support of a registered organisation. If applicants group is not registered (they do not have a bank account, etc.) they can partner with a registered organisation and have them applying with applicants and supporting the project administration.
- ILGA-Europe will also welcome proposals for projects to which ILGA-Europe would contribute part of the funding. For example, if applicants group is part of an organisation which is in position to develop a larger project and fund part of it, ILGA-Europe would consider being a co-funder to this project. The one requirement is that this would be supporting important activities that would not happen without this funding.
- No matter what form activities take (registered organisation or informal group) applicants need to have some experience in running projects, including financially.
- ILGA-Europe also provides support in grant management in the form of webinars and meetings aimed at explaining the financial management requirements for the project.
- Applicants must be based in Europe and Central Asia.
Activities that can be supported:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Examples of activities that can be included in project proposals are:
- Needs assessment or planning activities for your organisation or group;
- Community activities, online or in person, to meet and engage with more D/deaf and disabled people;
- Advocacy work around policy or legal change that is important to D/deaf and disabled people;
- Communication activities and campaign online and offline;
- Development of educational materials such as publications or trainings;
- Meetings or events to build alliances or learn from each other;
- Any other activity that is in line with the priorities of this fund;
For more information, visit https://www.ilga-europe.org/resources/news/latest-news/funding-opportunity-support-ddeaf-and-disabled-lgbti-activism
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.