Deadline: 11 December 2019
The AyitiCommunity Trust (ACT) is currently inviting applicants for its 2020 grant program in order to support those that are re-writing the Haitian narrative from one of deficits to one of assets within three interconnected pillars: environment, entrepreneurship, and civic education.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
In 2020, ACT will distribute a total of $50,000 in grant funding to one or more organizations that are in alignment with their focus. ACT is particularly interested in entrepreneurial approaches to preserving Haiti’s environment while contributing to civic discourse that promotes peace and collaboration.
ACT is the country’s first endowed fund, building on Haiti’s assets and driven by Haitians’ local needs while providing resources for sustainable solutions. ACT is registered in Haiti and operates as a grant-making community foundation.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
ACT’s Three Pillars
- ACT believes that integrated management of Haiti’s precious natural resources promotes climate resiliency, creates livelihood opportunities, and expands economic prospects for future generations. They seek to support innovative projects that aim to reverse or proactively prevent environmental degradations while engaging Haitian communities to change behavioral patterns that contribute to climate change.
- Haitians are entrepreneurial, but socio-economic challenges have stunted the growth of this sector for many segments of Haitian society. They seek to invest in innovative, cost-effective and sustainable strategies to increase entrepreneurship to revitalize local communities.
- Civic Education
- A people who are self-aware, competent, and purposeful are best able to sustain a nation. They seek to support community-building projects aimed at emerging leadership development, public stewardship, and re-engaging Haitian citizens to actively collaborate to promote the greater good of Haitian society.
Scope of Work and Grant Amounts
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Grants should not exceed $40,000 US
- Funds should be used for the following purposes:
- Start-up of a program with a promising new approach
- Capital – Building, equipment, or materials
- Operating capital for scale-up of a proven concept/project
- General Operating Support
- Capacity-Building and Technical Assistance
- Reasonable indirect costs for program/project implementation
Preference will be given to organizations that:
- request grants that do not exceed 50% of their overall budget.
- are Haitian-led organizations based in Haiti e.g. a majority of the Board and Executive leadership is Haitian. Exceptions may be made for organizations that have a track record of empowering Haitians as the change agents
- articulate root causes and how the intervention impacts them
- have a track record of sustainable and measurable outcomes
- Integrate more than one content area (environment, entrepreneurship, civic education) in proposed program/project
- organizational capacity including sustainability of other funding sources and ability to collaborate with other partners including government
- scope of impact demonstrated by measurable outcomes e.g.
- Numbers of people served/impacted or geographic scope
- a track record of making impact in ACT’s focus areas and where a grant from ACT would make a significant difference.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Organizations that can:
- Show proof of registration in Haiti
- Work in at least one of the three content areas
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
- Short-term Relief Efforts
- Annual Campaigns
- Reduction of deficits
For more information, visit https://www.ayiticommunitytrust.org/grant-guidelines/