The Gamma Mu Foundation is seeking applications for its grant program to create positive differences in the lives of the LGBT community.
They focus primarily in rural and other under-served populations of the United States. The Foundation envisions a society that promotes individual and overall LGBT community acceptance, inclusivity, health, and pride for all people regardless of their sexual orientation, gender identity and/or individuality.
Priority Focus Area for 2023 Grant Year: HIV/STD education, prevention, and treatment for the LGBTQ community. Applications with other areas of focus will be considered after those with the priority focus are evaluated.
- The Foundation allocates resources in support of the following major goals:
- ensuring the ongoing support of LGBTQ health and social service organizations;
- enhancing the community through support of projects identifying the Foundation as a source of support for the LGBTQ community;
- increasing the grantee’s organizational capacity and resources to assure continued program viability after Foundation support terminates; and
- giving priority consideration to proposals that provide services in rural and/or underserved communities.
- Grants are awarded in the following program areas:
- HIV/AIDS Services: These are services and programs benefiting individuals, caregivers, and families directly impacted by HIV/AIDS. It also includes HIV prevention and education programs.
- Community Services: These are services and programs that support LGBTQ sub-populations, e.g., youth, seniors, victims of domestic abuse, etc.
- Research and Public Education: These are services and programs aimed at helping to make the world a more hospitable place for people regardless of their sexual orientation or gender identity.
- The Foundation’s objective is to award grants that are tied specifically to a new or ongoing project within the recipient organization. The Foundation does not consider it a priority to provide awards for general operating funds regardless of the worthiness of the organization’s mission.
- Proposals are evaluated against the following criteria:
- relevance of the proposed project to the Foundation’s funding policies and priorities (e.g., services provided to the LGBTQ community in rural and/or underserved communities);
- importance of the need identified in the proposal as well as past and/or ongoing attempts to meet the need;
- the potential benefit of the project;
- the capability of the applicant organization and its staff as well as the adequacy of the projected activities, budget, and timetable to achieve the desired results;
- the evidence of appropriate cooperation with other organizations working in the same field;
- the likelihood of future support from other sources; and
- the quality of the applicant’s plan for evaluating the results of the project outcomes.
- The Foundation will not accept proposals for the following purposes:
- capital campaigns
- physical facilities
- endowment or annual fund drives
- political or lobbying activities
- religious activities
- payroll except for salaries directly related to the project for which funding is being provided.
For more information, visit Gamma Mu Foundation Grant Program.