Deadline: 14 July 2017
The Kenya Country Support Mechanism (CSM) of the Global Community Engagement and Resilience Fund (GCERF) is currently accepting Concept Notes from non-governmental organisations to strengthen community resilience to violent extremism in Kenya.
Projects to address the drivers of radicalisation to violent extremism may include activities such as:
- Increased access of vulnerable populations to: education; employment; leadership and life skills training; mentorship; and vocational training;
- Activism against radicalisation to violent extremism by vulnerable populations, notably women and youth; connecting them with mentors in civil society; and amplifying their voices through appropriate channels;
- Promotion of pluralism, respect for diversity, and tolerance;
- Collaborative responses, dialogue, and partnerships (e.g. government-civil society, intercommunal, interfaith); and
- Increased awareness in vulnerable communities of the threat of violent extremism, and connecting focus populations with relevant resources.
The goal of the AFM is to strengthen community resilience to violent extremism through micro, small, and medium-size grant awards (USD 10,000 – 100,000) to support projects of nongovernmental organisations, primarily national and local organisations, of up to 12 months’ duration.
- Organisational Prerequisites:
- Appropriate legal registration in the Republic of Kenya.
- Established relationships and credibility with the communities, working experience with the population groups identified in the Call and in the geographical areas in the Call.
- Experience and capacity in programme design and management, and project cycle management.
- Experience and capacity in financial management and in the management of and accounting for international donor grant funding.
- Experience and capacity in working with private sector actors.
- Experience and capacity in community-level initiatives that address the local drivers of violent extremism and strengthen resilience against violent extremist agendas.
- Strong preference will be given to applicants that can propose an existing national or local private sector partner as part of the application process.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit completed Concept Note and Basic Information Form electronically at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: Kenya
For more information, please visit GCERF Call for Concept Notes.