Deadline: 10 August 2017
Small Grants Program (SGP) of the Global Environment Facility (GEF) is currently inviting NGOs and CSOs to submit proposals in the fields of interest of the program:
- landscape conservation land at the community level;
- agroecology innovative smart in terms of climate change;
- co-benefits of access to low-carbon energy;
- chemicals management coalition of local and global;
- platforms for political dialogue and planning between CSOs and government;
- promoting social inclusion:
- gender mainstreaming;
- youth involvement.
- capacity building
Small Grants Program of the Global Environment Facility provides grants to NGOs and community organizations (NGOs / CSOs) in countries emerging to enable them to meet the global challenges of environment, while addressing the needs of sustainable development. SGP motto is “Community action with global impact.”
- to improve awareness and understanding of the GEF Small Grants Program, its strategy and results;
- exchange between NGOs / CSOs working to address global environmental issues to facilitate the exchange of experience and replication of best practices;
- promote and strengthen partnerships between stakeholders such as NGOs / CSOs, international financial organizations, central and local authorities, business communities, and local communities.
- The SGP grant should not exceed US$50,000.
- For the current call, the following funds are available:
- Community Landscape and Seascape Conservation – 44,237.00 USD;
- Climate Smart Innovative Agro-ecology – 129,000.00 USD;
- Low Carbon Energy Access Co-benefits – 38,258.00 USD;
- Local to Global Chemical Management Coalitions – 42,900.00 USD;
- Capacity development – 19,440.00 USD.
Only local nonprofit organizations can apply.
How to Apply
Proposals must be submitted at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: Moldova
For more information, please visit Small Grants Program.