Deadline: 4 September 2016
The Women and Gender Constituency is currently inviting applicants for its Gender Just Climate Solutions Awards with an aim to ensure a just outcome, one which works for people and the planet, and which responds to injustice among and within countries in relation to climate impacts and resilience.
The Gender Just Climate Solutions Award will make gender responsive and equitable solutions visible at the “COP of action”, the COP22 in Marrakech and central to just climate action all over the world!
- Technical climate solutions with a women or gender perspective (e.g. in area of renewables, water-saving adaptation technologies etc.)
- Non-technical climate solutions with a women or gender perspective (e.g. in area of efficiency, consumption changes etc.)
- Transformation climate initiatives with a women or gender perspective (e.g. addressing governance, institutional change, planning processes etc.)
- The 3 award winners, each per category, receive 1000 Euros as award and will be showcased at the Gender Just Climate Solutions Exhibition at the UNFCCC negotiations in COP 22 in Marrakech, Morocco.
- The winners will benefit from a 1-year-mentoring programme of the Women and Gender Constituency.
- 10 nominees per category will be published in the Gender Just Climate Solutions Publication.
- All countries are eligible.
- All types of activist, grassroots and women-led organizations and groups working on climate protection are encouraged to apply.
- Only non-governmental initiatives are eligible (local or national government initiatives cannot be considered).
- The activity/initiative should either already have been completed or should be in current operation.
- The initiative must fit within one of the 3 award categories (above).
- Priority will be given to women-led initiatives, recognizing that programmes do not necessarily need to be women-led to be gender just.
How to Apply
Applicants must apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit Gender Just Climate Solutions Awards.