The Max Weber Foundation is seeking applications for the Gerald D. Feldman Travel Grants Program to improve career opportunities for humanities and social scientists in the qualification phase.
The Max Weber Foundation (MWS) offers researchers in the qualification phase the opportunity to carry out short-term research projects in the host countries of their foreign institutes and their branch offices.
The aim of the program is to promote transnational and trans regional research and to network the scientific cultures of the host countries of the Max Weber Foundation with Germany.
- The funding is based on the rates of the German Research Foundation and includes:
- Proven travel expenses for the outward and return journey to/from the institute abroad (cheapest route);
- Daily rates between €26 and €62 depending on the destination country;
- Depending on where you are and availability, inexpensive accommodation in a guest room at the institute is possible.
- Taking into account the duration requested by the applicant, the travel grants will be awarded for a maximum of three months in total. The research stays must be within of a maximum of 24 months.
- Egypt, China, Germany, France, Great Britain, India, Israel, Italy, Japan, Lebanon, Lithuania, Poland, Singapore, Czech Republic, Turkey, USA.
- Note: Due to the current situation, no travel grants for Russia can be applied for at the moment.
- When applying for travel grants for China, please note that on-site support cannot be guaranteed throughout.
- Highly qualified humanities and social scientists of any nationality (most recent degree at least Master’s, Magister, state examination, diploma) who already have publications and can submit a research plan are eligible to apply.
- Applications whose projects fit the research profile of the institutes/branch offices of the MWS will be given preferential treatment.
- When applying for doctoral candidates, publications do not necessarily have to be available.
- There is no age limit for the application.
- A re-application is only possible if this was explicitly stated in the letter of rejection.
- Employees and scholarship holders of the MWS are excluded from the application.
- All application documents must be submitted in German or English.
- The selection criteria are:
- Technical excellence
- Transnational and/or comparative question
- Project is a qualification
For more information, visit Max Weber Foundation (MWS).