Deadline: 15 May 2017
The Getty Images is currently seeking applications for its “Editorial Grants Program” to support independent photojournalists around the world by providing the creative freedom and collaborative editorial support necessary to pursue work that is personally important to them and which they would otherwise not have the time or resources to address.
- $10,000 prize (five available)
- Winners will be announced in September at Visa pour l’Image
- Receive recognition in media coverage of grant winners
- Assurance that retain copyrights to the images submit for judges’ review
- Option to have Getty Images’ editorial guidance throughout project
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old and presently engaged as a professional photojournalist.
- A professional photojournalist, for the purposes of the Getty Images Grants for Editorial Photography, is one who derives the majority of his or her income from documenting issues and events through still photography.
- Applicants may apply as individuals or teams. Getty Images employees may not apply. Contributors to Getty Images who are not employees are eligible.
- By submitting an application, applicant certifies that he or she is eligible to apply for the grant and agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
How to Apply
- 500-word summary of the project proposal
- A short biography detailing who you are and what you’ve done
- 20-25 original images either related to the proposal or unrelated portfolio images
- Specific uploading instructions will be made available on April 1
- Applications must be in English and be submitted electronically via given website.
For more information, please visit Editorial Grant.