The Governance and Local Development Institute at the University of Gothenburg (GLD) announces the availability of a limited number of research fellowships for short-term research on Governance and Local Development.
Themes should relate to the GLD mission, for example:
- Local governance challenges
- Service delivery as it varies across local contexts
- Relationship between state and non-state actors
- Level of corruption and citizens’ perceptions of it
- How citizens solve disputes with officials, families, and friends and how state or non-state actors are involved
- Participation in local elections and political campaigns
- How security services are provided in transitional periods and/or under weak central states
Awards averaging 25,000 SEK will be offered biannually to support research projects related to critical governance issues.
Recipients are expected to submit a paper to be included in the GLD Working Paper Series. This call is open to all scholars, regardless of any prior GLD affiliation.
Interested candidates should send the following:
- A proposal including a description of the project/research plan (not more than 5 pgs long), schedule of work, and detailed budget estimate.
- The budget estimate should be in SEK and must not include funding for the applicant(s) salary/salaries but may include funding for a research assistant salary or similar. They do accept proposals for contributory funding (i.e., using the STG to fund part of a larger project), but awarding of funding is contingent upon the applicant receiving enough funding for the whole project.
- A current CV
- A sample of previously written work in English (a published paper, conference paper, book chapter, etc.)
For more information, visit Governance and Local Development.