Glen Eira City Council is seeking applications for its Small Grants Program to provide not-for-profit community-based organisations and groups small grants of up to $1,000 to carry out projects and activities that contribute to the liveability, accessibility, health and safety of Glen Eira.
The objectives of the program are to:
- Build capacity and establish good governance of Local volunteer organisations;
- Support small programs, activities and events; and
- Deliver projects and events that support:
- Cultural celebrations;
- Sport and recreation;
- Social inclusion and community
- Environmental sustainability;
- Neighbourhood projects;
- Health and wellbeing; and
Council and Community Plan themes
- Liveable and well designed.
- Accessible and well connected.
- Safe, healthy and inclusive.
- Clean and sustainable.
- Informed and engaged.
Council’s priorities for the Program are:
- Supporting a strong and safe community that connects people and enhances health and wellbeing.
- Improving social, economic and environmental sustainability.
- Promoting diversity, harmony and inclusiveness.
- Encouraging gender equity and preventing family violence.
- Enhancing civic participation through engagement, cultural expression and celebration.
- Delivering events and activities that contribute to diverse, vibrant and prosperous public space.
- Small Grants are open to community-based groups and organisations that service the Glen Eira community and are not-for-profit.
- Applicants must also meet the following criteria:
- Be incorporated.
- Have an ABN.
- Hold public liability insurance in a minimum sum of $20 million.
- You may also be auspiced by an organisation that meets these criteria.
For more information, visit Glen Eira City Council.