Deadline: 20 September 2019
The International alliance for the protection of heritage in conflict areas (ALIPH) is pleased to announce the launch of its second call for projects to support a wide variety of projects to protect heritage that is endangered, under threat or which has suffered from negligence brought about by conflict.
ALIPH is the only global fund that is solely dedicated to the protection of cultural heritage in conflict areas. To carry out this mission, the foundation finances preventive measures, emergency interventions and concrete post-conflict rehabilitation projects, all around the world.
Through this annual call, ALIPH will study project proposals and select the most sustainable and relevant projects addressing critical situations and fostering deep collaboration between institutions. This call aims at identifying projects with a solid scientific ground that will achieve long-term results.
Areas of Intervention
ALIPH wishes to intervene worldwide, wherever applicants consider and can document the fact that heritage is at risk due to conflict. The notion of conflict is interpreted from a broad perspective to encompass interstate conflicts, civil wars, asymmetrical conflicts, terrorism, violent unrest and other sudden disruptions that lead to instability. Applicants must demonstrate that the heritage targeted was damaged because of conflict, is threatened by conflict or suffered collateral damage from conflict.
In keeping with this conception, ALIPH is also willing to support a large notion of what represents cultural heritage, tangible but also intangible. The applicants will be asked to demonstrate the significance and value for local population or communities of the cultural heritage targeted by the grant.
- Institutions in charge of the protection, conservation and promotion of cultural heritage
- International, intergovernmental, and national institutions
- Private organizations (foundation, NGO, non-profit, charity, associations, etc.)
- The institutions wishing to apply will be required to justify:
- Previous experience(s) in heritage protection (including management of projects of comparable size)
- Financial stability
- Capacity to deliver the project
- Local ties and networks
ALIPH finances projects in three areas with specific expected outcomes.
- Type of action
- Preventive protection measures
- Emergency actions during conflicts
- Post-conflict actions
- Mitigating the risks and lessening the damages
- Securing cultural heritage at risk
- Making heritage available again for local populations (restoration, rehabilitation…)
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.aliph-foundation.org/en