Government of Canada has announced a call for applications for the Accessible Technology Program. The Accessible Technology Program will co-fund innovative projects led by the private sector, not-for-profit organizations and research institutes to develop new assistive and adaptive digital devices and technologies in order to make it easier for Canadians with disabilities to more fully participate in the digital economy.
- The need for the contribution must be clearly demonstrated by the applicant, and the level of funding provided by the program will be contingent upon the assessment of the proposal and the availability of program funds.
- Proposals may include funding from other levels of government, private sector or non-profit partners, however, total funding from all federal, provincial/territorial and municipal sources cannot exceed 100%.
- Project-based funding will be made available through continual national calls-for-proposals over five years, subject to availability of funds.
Eligible costs are those costs that are directly related to the proposal and which respect all conditions and limitations of the program and that will be eligible to be claimed as set out in the Contribution Agreement (CA) if the proposal is approved for funding.
Eligible costs include:
- Administrative operating costs (including salary and wages, incremental administration and accounting expenses) limited to no more than ten percent (10%) of total project funding;
- Direct costs related to training and professional development;
- Expenditures related to purchase of computer equipment and parts, required software, rental of accommodation and equipment; and
- Goods and services expenditures to support environmental protection, workplace health and safety, security and communications.
To qualify for funding your organization must be a Canadian legal entity, including for-profit organizations, not-for-profit organizations, and research institutes.
Your funding proposal must also clearly demonstrate that:
- Your proposed initiative meets the objectives of the program in terms of target audience and content;
- With program funding, your organization will have the resource capacity and expertise, either internally or through partnerships, to successfully deliver the proposed initiative; and,
- You can deliver the proposed initiative within the program timeframe.
For more information, visit http://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/118.nsf/eng/00002.html