Deadline: 31 October 2016
The Government of Canada is inviting applicants for its Energy Innovation Program (EIP) with an aim to support clean energy innovation. The Program’s objective is to support energy technology innovation to produce and use energy more cleanly and efficiently.
- Renewable, smart grid and storage systems
- Reducing diesel use by industrial operators in northern and remote communities
- Addressing methane and volatile organic compounds (VOCs)
- Reducing greenhouse gas emissions in the building sector
- Carbon capture, use and storage
- Improving industrial efficiency
- Demonstration Projects and Front End Engineering Design Studies (FEED): The Program may pay up to 50% of Total Project Costs per project, up to a maximum amount of five million dollars ($5,000,000.00). The minimum funding requested per project is three hundred thousand dollars ($300,000.00).
- Research and Development Projects: The Program may pay up to 75% of Total Project Costs per project, up to a maximum amount of five million dollars ($5,000,000.00). The minimum funding requested per project is three hundred thousand dollars ($300,000.00).
- Projects must be located in Canada.
- Eligible applicants are: legal entities validly incorporated or registered in Canada, including companies, electricity and gas utilities, industry associations, research associations, standards organizations, aboriginal and community groups, Canadian academic institutions, and provincial, territorial, regional and municipal governments and their departments and agencies.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must fill the Information Form via given website.
For more information, please visit Energy Innovation Program.