Deadline: 30 July 2019
Science & Technology for Women Scheme was launched in Nineteen Eighties for empowering women through inputs of S&T to strengthen their position in the society.
The Objectives of the scheme are:
- To support research, development and knowledge generation with respect to various stages of life cycle of women;
- To promote research, development and adaptation of technology to create gainful employment potential of women, reduce their drudgery, improve working conditions in local areas through inputs of S & T;
- To improve the quality of life, look into health and nutrition of women through the application of S & T
- Livelihood Status and Improvement
- Innovative solutions/technologies for sustainable livelihood
- Capacity building based on natural resources & non-farm sector
- Novel women-centric farming practices
- Use of advanced technologies e.g. AI, 3D Printing, etc. for women centric issues.
- Biodegradable, eco-friendly technologies.
- Health, Nutrition and Sanitation
- Improving women and child mortality
- Mental Health issues of women
- Nutrition issues during different stages of women life cycle
- Innovative Hygiene and Sanitation Technologies
- Women Safety and Occupational Hazards
- S&T based drudgery Reduction,
- ICT Tools and other innovative technologies for women safety
- Technologies to reduce Occupation Health Hazards in different working conditions
- R&D on women safety and related issues
- Women Technology Parks(WTP)
- For development and adaptation of appropriate technologies, transfer of proven technologies,
- Capacity building of women using science & technology, using area specific resources;
- For WTPs emphasis should be on entrepreneurship development, bankable models for long term self-sustenance, formation of Self Help Groups;
- Further the agencies should asses the needs of the place where WTP is being planned, taking into consideration requirements of the targeted district, for this district industry centre (DIC) report may be referred.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit http://dst.gov.in/callforproposals/call-proposals-scheme-science-technology-women