Deadline: 10 September 2019
The Takagi Fund for Citizen Science is accepting applications from young researchers and grassroots groups, NPOs and NGOs in Asia who share in the spirit of Citizen Science and possess a practical mind about opposing technological threats to the people.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The purpose of Takagi Fund is to foster and support independent Citizen Scientists who propose well-founded criticism and scientific counterarguments about problems and threats caused by present-day science and technology.
Types of Grant
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- Research Grant: Research grants support research projects by individuals or groups that befit Citizen Science. The grant may cover research and travel expenses, printing and other outsourcing costs. It may also include funds to hold workshops or symposia to communicate research findings to the public.
- Training Grant: Training Grants support an individual receiving training at educational institutions, NGOs, research institutes, etc. that will enhance their expertise as Citizen Scientists and help them gain hands-on experience. The grant can be used to cover travel, accommodation, tuition or related costs.
Maximum grant amount per application this year is US$5,000.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- This grant is for individuals or groups from Asian countries and regions who pursue Citizen Science as defined by the Takagi Fund.
- Applicants are not required to have defined or designated themselves as engaged in Citizen Science prior to application.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Projects which tackle urgent issues in which science and technology are threatening civil society and environment, and related policy issues.
- Projects which contribute to enhancing human rights, human security, conservation of nature, alternative economy and peace for all citizens without exclusion of the most disadvantaged.
- Projects which have imagination and conceptual power, backed by expertise and appropriate methodology, with planning and budget adequately designed.
- Projects which have a clear and practical vision of how to apply the findings to society or to calling for policy changes.
- Projects dealing with issues for which the Japanese government and/or corporations are partly or fully responsible.
- Projects which are implemented in a peaceful manner employing non-violent means only.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can download the application forms via given website.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
Eligible Countries: Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, China, Cyprus, Georgia, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar (Burma), Nepal, North Korea, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Philippines, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Turkey, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates (UAE), Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen.
For more information, please visit http://www.takagifund.org/e/apply/
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.