Deadline: 8 July 2019
AIDS United has announced the opportunity for grant support of up to $100,000 through the Southern HIV Impact Fund.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Southern HIV Impact Fund (the Southern Fund) supports organizations across intersecting movements to enhance and coordinate HIV prevention, care and support services, and advocacy and movement-building across the South.
The Southern Fund resources organizations that center trans-identified and gender non-conforming persons; Black and Latinx gay, bisexual, and queer men; other people of color; people who experience oppressive policing and mass incarceration; and reproductive justice for women of color and gay and bisexual men. AIDS United and the funding collaborative believe that the lives of people living with, or at risk of HIV cannot be siloed into one issue area and therefore, organizations are expected to demonstrate how their work intersects with racial and gender justice.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The goals of the Southern HIV Impact Fund are to:
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Increase collaborative efforts across the U.S. South to end HIV and reduce health disparities;
- Catalyze a demonstrable increase in leadership in the U.S. South that is more reflective of the regional HIV epidemic, while also providing support to current leaders; and
- Increase resources to the South, both through technical assistance and grant making.
The Southern HIV Impact Fund offers grant support under two categories:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- General Operating Support
- Project-Specific Support
To be eligible for funding through the Southern HIV Impact Fund, the following criteria must be met.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
- Geographic Location – Applicants must have a staff member who is based in and who also provides services or focuses their work specifically in one of nine states: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas.
- Non-Profit Status – Applicants must be non-profit, tax-exempt organizations, per the guidelines set forth by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) with proper 501(c)(3) status. Appropriate verification of this federal status will be undertaken by AIDS United before final grant decisions are made. Organizations or coalitions that do not hold 501(c)(3) status must have a fiscal sponsor.
- Financial Stability – Organizations should be fiscally stable and viable prior to submission of the funding application. These funds are not intended to serve as a replacement for discontinued funding.
- Funding Priorities – Proposed efforts focused on 1) HIV Prevention and Service Provision and/or 2) HIV Focused Political and Social Action
- Grant Period – Applicants must be able to utilize funds within a 12-month period beginning December 1, 2019 and ending November 30, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit their Letters of Intent (LOIs) online via given website.
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.
For more information, please visit http://southernfund.org/join-the-effort/loi/