The European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT) is offering grants for Drive Food Innovation and Transformation at Scale to support agri-food startups tackling the biggest challenges within the European food system by developing their capacity as founders and establishing continued partnerships with the EIT Food Accelerator Network community, totaling + 1 billion Euro, to accelerate their growth and impact.
- Green transition through architectural, cultural, and historic sites: Urban farming and regenerative agriculture to reduce emissions and foster the relationship between city and farmer.
- Towards circularity and urban resilience: Circular economy through actions sticking to the principles of the food waste hierarchy and efficient reutilization of bio-products and bio waste, achieving emissions and waste reduction and fostering the second life of products.
- Ensuring affordability and accessibility to all: Solutions to ensure all people have access to sufficient, safe and nutritious food and to support citizens in acquiring an active and healthy lifestyle, including a healthy diet.
- Build entrepreneurial skills, benefit from mentoring and gain exposure to your market, potential customers, investors and media.
- Become part of the Pan-European network of world-class industry, academic and research institutions.
- Benefit from the access to facilities such as labs, pilot sites, agricultural land.
- Gain international visibility through EIT Food communication channels.
- Agri-food startups that are set to make a big impact on any part of the agriculture or food supply chain thus committed to building a healthier, more trusted and sustainable food system.
- customer validation,
- early traction,
- technology readiness,
- incorporated and based in the EU 27 or one of the Horizon Europe, associated countries.
For more information, visit https://www.eitdigital.eu/our-messages/calls-tenders/eit-community-booster/