The Council of Europe (COE) is launching a call for proposals for the Grants to support civil society organisations for increasing access to justice for victims of discrimination in Armenia, Azerbaijan, Republic of Moldova and Ukraine with the aim to co-fund national and local projects focusing at hate speech and hate crimes, particularly from vulnerable groups.
- National stakeholders to align anti-discrimination legislation and policies to European standards on discrimination, hate crime and hate speech
- ‘Equality bodies’ / Ombudsperson institutions and NGOs to have increased capacities to assist vulnerable groups in pursuing discrimination complaints
- ‘Equality bodies’ / Ombudsperson institutions and NGOs to carry out awareness raising on discrimination, hate speech and hate crimes, for vulnerable communities as well as the general public
- National stakeholders to develop the necessary competences to address hate speech in line with human rights standards.
- The indicative available budget under this call for proposals is 95.000 Euros (ninety-five thousand Euros). The Council of Europe intends to award up to 5 grants of a maximum amount of 19.000 Euros (nineteen thousand Euros) each.
- The implementation period of the projects should start on 1 December 2021 and shall not extend beyond 30 April 2022.
- Reporting requirements shall be completed on 31 May 2022 at the latest.
- be legally constituted as a non-governmental organization in Armenia, Azerbaijan, the Republic of Moldova or Ukraine;
- be entitled to carry out in Armenia, Azerbaijan, Republic of Moldova or Ukraine the activities described in its project proposal;
- have been active for at least three years in the field of human rights and combating discrimination;
- have sufficient financial capacity (stable and sufficient sources of funding) to maintain its activity throughout the period for which the grant is awarded and to participate by way of its own resources (including human resources or in-kind contributions);
- have sufficient operational and professional capacity, including staff, to carry out activities described in its project proposal;
- have a bank account.
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/38Ux8TD