Deadline: 31 July 2019
The DWF Foundation has launched its grant program to encourage all of our people to work together as a catalyst for change.
The DWF Foundation, founded by DWF has the sole aim of providing funds, resources and support to help our communities achieve their full potential.
Between its launch in December 2015 and April 2019, the DWF Foundation has given over 100 different grants, totalling over £250,000, to a wide range of charitable organisations.
The DWF Foundation supports registered charities with an impact in one or more of the following areas:
- Health & Wellbeing
Size of Grants
The Foundation does not have a minimum grant size but the majority of their grants will fall under £5,000. Due to the funds they have available The DWF Foundation will not fund multiyear grants.
The Foundation gives grants to initiatives that develop and improve local communities by:
- Tackling a specific community issue;
- Helping voluntary and community groups become more effective and efficient;
- Encouraging the involvement in the community of those too often excluded; and
- Enabling young people to develop skills for the benefit of the community.
The DWF Foundation will welcome applications from Registered Charites only.
Activities outside their criteria
The DWF Foundation will only fund charitable causes. They are not able to fund the following areas of work:
- Academic research
- Activities for which a statutory body is responsible
- Activity taking place in school time that is a statutory responsibility
- Animal welfare
- Evaluation which is not related to the funded work
- Every day running costs and core salaries
- General fundraising appeals
- Loans or business finance
- Other grant making bodies
- Professional fundraisers or bid writers
- Professional qualifications
- Recurrent funding
- Redundancy payments
- Religious and political causes
- Sponsorship/marketing appeals/fundraising costs
- Startup costs for new organisations
- The advancement of religion
- Universities/HE facilities
- Vehicles and minibuses
- Work that has already taken place
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.dwf.law/About-us/DWF-Foundation