Deadline: 31 January 2020
Van Tienhoven Foundation is a small foundation that makes grants on the basis of the estate of Pieter Gerbrand van Tienhoven.
The Van Tienhoven Foundation for International Nature Protection aims to promote the protection, conservation, and sustainable use of ecosystems and it’s living organisms, where ever these are threatened or under pressure outside the Netherlands.
The Foundation are concerned about life on earth and the delicate balance between human life, nature and biodiversity. They believe local people are instrumental and key to conserve and restore nature and species populations. They believe that small grants can have a great impact, but only if small grants lead to change in policy and practice.
The Van Tienhoven Foundation maximum requested budget is 10.000 euro from and a total project budget of no more than 50.000 euro.
The Van Tienhoven Foundation priorities projects that:
- Are focusing on threatened species and ecosystems and/or key biodiversity areas;
- Are aiming to counter the human-induced causes for these threats, in order to have maximum conservation impact;
- Are practical, hands-on and directly applicable in order to generate change;
- Are initiated, owned or widely supported by local stakeholders, in order to ensure sustainability;
- Are exemplary for a wider problem, serve as a catalyst for raising awareness and engaging other stakeholders;
- Create leverage and can demonstrate that small grants and individual efforts can make a difference.
The Foundation only accept applications:
- From not-for-profit organisations, that are registered as legal bodies (NGOs and scientific institutions);
- Foundation don’t accept applications from government bodies, private companies or individuals;
- Only 1 application per organisation will be taken into consideration each call for proposals, if the following conditions have been met: a) If an organisation has been given a grant before, a final report must have been submitted for any project previously supported by the Van Tienhoven Foundation, b) No more than 3 projects of the same organisation have been funded by the Van Tienhoven Foundation during the past 8 years (starting from the date at which a final report of the first project was received by the secretariat of the Van Tienhoven Foundation);
- From organisations with a track record in conservation and/or social justice/sustainable development, to be demonstrated by background documentation;
- Implemented in developing countries or in countries in transition, predominantly following the most recent DAC list;
- With costs based on local rates. Costs of salaries and consultancy fees based on rates outside the countries of implementation are not covered. Travel costs (from) outside the countries of implementation are not covered. The purchase of vehicles (e.g. cars, boats) is not supported. Foundation do not support overhead costs.
For more information, visit https://www.vantienhovenfoundation.com/C120-Application.html?nav=120