Are you a not-for-profit Aboriginal Community-Controlled Organisation (ACCO) with a great idea to improve the lives of Aboriginal people? If so, you may be eligible for a grant from the $3.4 million Closing the Gap funds through the Sector Strengthening Grants Program.
- Grants are available for ACCOs which currently operate in Western Australia and provide, or aspire to provide, services in one or more of the following priority sectors:
- The minimum grant request is $3,000.
- ACCOs not registered for GST are only able to apply for a maximum of $15,000.
- Note that there is $3.4 million in grant funding available for the ACCO Sector Strengthening Grants Program across all priority sectors and regions of WA.
- The grants will go towards strengthening the Aboriginal community-controlled sector to deliver high-quality, sustainable services and outcomes for Aboriginal people and communities. This includes specific, time-limited projects and initiatives that support ACCOs to:
- Be positioned to compete for and deliver service contracts and grants
- Participate in policy development and program service design in the four priority sectors
- Support workforce and skill development for Aboriginal people
- Collaborate with other ACCOS or other organisations to achieve community outcomes
- ACCOs should comply with the National Agreement on Closing the Gap definition of being:
- incorporated under relevant legislation and not-for-profit.
- controlled and operated by Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.
- connected to the community, or communities, in which they deliver services.
- governed by a majority Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander governing body.
- Your organisation must also:
- Be a not-for-profit organisation (i.e. none of the profits go to owners or shareholders)
- Be an Australian entity and operating within Western Australia;
- Not be operating on behalf of the State or Federal Government;
- Have the authority to undertake the proposed grant activities; or
- Have an organisational structure that does not allow for the distribution of profit or personal gain during operation and/or in the event of wind up.
For more information, visit https://www.lotterywest.wa.gov.au/grants/grant-opportunities/sector-strengthening-grants