Deadline: 4 October 2016
The Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland is seeking applicants for its Higher Education Institutions Institutional Cooperation Instrument (HEI ICI) 2016–2018 to support collaboration projects between higher education institutions (HEIs) in Finland and in developing countries.
The objective of the programme is to strengthen the capacity of HEIs in the global south in order to contribute to well-functioning, efficient and equitable societies
- Enhancing the rights and status of women and girls
- Improving the economies of developing countries to ensure more jobs, livelihood opportunities and well-being
- Democratic and better-functioning societies
- Increased food security and better access to water and energy; and the sustainability of natural resources
- The state aid of the HEI ICI programme falls between 300 000 and 700 000 euros.
- The HEI ICI programme supports projects for a maximum of 3 years, to be implemented during the years 2017-2019.
- There can be several partners from Finland and the developing country, yet the minimum partnership contains one partner HEI from a developing country and one coordinating Finnish HEI. Universities and Universities of Applied Sciences are encouraged to develop joint partnerships.
- The partner HEIs can be universities, universities of applied sciences or their equivalents, that have the right to award higher education degrees.
- Partnerships are encouraged to engage partner HEIs with less experience of international cooperation.
- The HEI ICI programme is thematically open to projects within all subject fields.
- The Finnish HEI operates under the Universities Act (558/2009, amended 2011) or Universities of Applied Sciences Act (932/2014).
- The Finnish HEI has the right to provide a public civilizing service in the field of higher education and has the right to award a higher education degree.
How to Apply
Applicants must apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit HEI ICI Programme.