Deadline: 8 June 2020
Are you an adolescent girl or young women (AGYW) aged 18-29? Do you reside in Cameroon, Mozambique, Namibia or South Africa? Are you passionate about advocating for the greater involvement of AGYW in decision-making processes and spaces at country and regional level? If yes, then you can apply for HER (HIV Epidemic Response) Voice Fund Ambassador Program.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
It is a grant scheme funded by ViiV Healthcare and The Global Fund to support adolescent girls and young women in 13 priority countries to engage in the decisions affecting their lives. HER Voice Fund grants amplifies the voices of adolescent girls and young women within the Global Fund and other national processes for health. Each of the priority countries will have an Ambassador who will work closely with the Country Lead and the HER Voice Fund project management unit.
How does HER Voice Fund work?
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- Stories for Advocacy: to collect evidence from AGYW about the issues they are facing in their context and to articulate for themselves what they want to see GF grants to be addressing.
- Training and Mentoring: to offer training and mentoring to build skills and confidence to support young women to participate in Global Fund and other national process around health and HIV that impact their lives.
- Policy and Advocacy: to support young women to participate in policy events and activities, and to represent their communities through the presentation of evidence.
- Monitoring and Accountability: to support organizations of young people in their own countries monitor the commitments made at national level and to track the funding and its alignment with the expressed need of adolescent girls and young women.
All small grants need to be implemented in the period by 31 December 2020.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Be the face of the HER Voice Fund in country- representing the fund and its objectives at key meetings and events;
- Lead advocacy activities around HER Voice Fund- attending events to talk about the Fund;
- Work with the Country Lead to monitor high-level country plans, including country-specific advocacy objectives;
- Meet with grantees and find out what activities are going on in country;
- Promote the Fund in the media and share implementation stories on various communication platforms;
- Potential to participate in the Project Advisory Group in the selection of grantees;
- Potential to participate in regional and global meetings to represent priorities of adolescent girls and young women in the HIV response;
- Reporting on grantee organisation activities and contributing to reports on progress of the HER Voice Fund.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Must be an adolescent girl or young women;
- Between the age of 18-29;
- Living within the country which they will be representing;
- English proficiency required;
- Solid communication skills, including easing in using Skype, Zoom e.t.c;
- Experience in working with and advocating for adolescent girls and young women at national or regional level.
- A letter of interest not exceeding 300 words clearly explaining why you want to be the HER Voice Fund Ambassador and your experience in advocating or engaging with AGYW at local or country level.
- A curriculum vitae (3 pages maximum)
- A recommendation letter from a reputable local organization working with AGYW in the country
- Copy of your international passport data page
For more information, visit http://www.yplusnetwork.org/hervoicefund/call-for-application/
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.