Deadline: 15 April 2020
The Hong Kong Arts Development Council Matching Fund Scheme (MFS) aims to provide incentives for small and medium arts organisations to explore diversified funding sources for sustainable development by raising private donation / corporate sponsorship, and to promote a culture of donation in the Hong Kong community.
The Government has set out the following permissible uses of the matching grants provided by the ADMGS as follows:
- Enhance the Applicant’s organisational capacity;
- Support the development of all art forms;
- Support the development of the arts sectors;
- Support the grooming of the artistic talent and arts administrators;
- Promote audience building for the arts and culture;
- Promote arts education; or
- Support and promote cultural exchanges.
The MFS adopts the above as objectives and set them in the perspective of the mission of HKADC which is to plan, promote and support the broad development of the arts including literary arts, performing arts, visual arts as well as film and media arts in Hong Kong. Aiming to foster a thriving arts environment and enhancing the quality of life of the public, HKADC is also committed to facilitating community-wide participation in the arts and arts education, encouraging arts criticism, raising the standard of arts administration and strengthening the work on policy research.
- In applying for MFS for the financial year concerned, eligible Applicant shall secure no less than $30,000 of cash donations/sponsorships from non-government organisations for each proposed project in each round of application.
- The maximum amount of cash donations/sponsorships from non government organisations for matching purpose in each financial year is $1,500,000. An art group may, in the same financial year, obtain a Grant of up to HK$2,250,000 for its approved project(s) and concurrently implement two approved projects at most.
- The MFS takes two rounds of application in March and September in each financial year (i.e. 1 April 2020 – 31 March 2021).
- The matching ratio is increased to 1:1.5. The Grantee may receive a matching grant of HK$45,000 for an approved project if it obtains cash donations/sponsorships from non-government organisations of at least HK$30,000.
- The subject matter of the application as submitted by an eligible Applicant of MFS has to be arts and culture related projects that fulfill the objectives of the ADMGS and to be operated on non-profit-making basis. Initial security of non-government donations/sponsorships has to be proved to be available when making application.
- HKADC will accept applications from the following categories of arts groups:
- The arts groups currently receiving or which have received in the past three years grants under the HKADC’s One-Year/Two-Year/Three-Year Grant Scheme or the Literary Arts Platform Scheme; or
- The arts groups currently receiving grants under HKADC’s Project Grant, which are not included. These Applicants should also be charitable institutions and trusts of a public character, which are exempt from tax under section 88 of the Inland Revenue Ordinance (Cap 112); or
- Other arts groups not included but with proven track record of promoting arts and culture in Hong Kong, led and managed by professional arts practitioners of reputation and recognition, with status of a charitable institution and trust of a public character, which are exempt from tax under section 88 of the Inland Revenue Ordinance (Cap 112).
- The Applicant must be the principal organizer of the proposed project and will be required to provide documentary evidence of its incorporation status and bona fide nature to the satisfaction of HKADC.
- The HKADC shall not in any circumstances be liable for any costs and expenses incurred by an Applicant in relation to its application or otherwise.
- The Applicant must complete the application form and satisfy all the requirements in order to be eligible for consideration by HKADC.
For more information, visit https://www.hkadc.org.hk/?p=29956&lang=en